Come learn or improve your Portuguese while immersing yourself in Brazilian history and culture in the booming and ethnically diverse city of Salvador da Bahia.
Through intensive language training, homestays, a variety of cultural excursions, and direct enrolment at two of the most prestigious universities in the country, study abroad in Salvador offers you unique insight into contemporary Brazil, and a truly immersive international experience.
Study abroad in Brazil and you will:
- Learn Portuguese through a four-week intensive language and culture program prior to the semester, followed by semester-long language courses at various levels
- Enroll in CIEE, and Universidade Católica do Salvador (UCSal) courses
- Explore your new home through cultural and educational activities. You'll visit the museum of Afro-Brazilian history and a Candomblé house, attend theater, music, and dance performances and a soccer game, participate in a percussion class, and more.
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.
This program has not been reviewed yet.