Looking to develop a higher level of Portuguese language fluency, and a critical appreciation of Brazilian life and society in an important center of Afro-Brazilian culture? Come to Salvador da Bahia!
Coupling a four-week, rigorous language program with exciting cultural immersion activities, studying abroad in Salvador da Bahia offers an amazing opportunity for students looking for a short-term study abroad option.
Study abroad in Brazil and you will:
- Learn Portuguese while gaining a deeper understanding of the cultural distinctions of Brazil’s northeastern coastal region
- Immerse yourself in Brazilian life through a homestay
- Explore your new home through cultural and educational activities. You'll visit the museum of Afro-Brazilian history and a Candomblé house, attend theater, music, and dance performances and a soccer game, participate in a percussion class, and more.
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.
This program has not been reviewed yet.