Come explore Rio’s dynamic and evolving social, cultural, and economic landscape while immersing yourself in Carioca culture and Brazilian society.
In Rio de Janeiro, students with a modest background in Spanish or Portuguese have the opportunity to follow a range of academic, intellectual, and linguistic pursuits and examine the modern transformation of Brazil. And with homestays, volunteer opportunities, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions, study abroad in Rio offers you a fascinating and truly unique intercultural experience.
Study abroad in Rio and you will:
- Enjoy one of the most beautiful urban settings in the world and the cultural epicenter of Latin America’s largest, fastest growing, and most dynamic economy
- Take courses, in English, at Brazil’s top university, and Portuguese classes specifically designed for international students
- Volunteer at local NGOs, schools, and other organizations
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.
This program has not been reviewed yet.