SFS Cambodia: Elephants of the Cambodian Highlands (Summer I)

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The School for Field Studies (SFS) has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

SFS Cambodia Summer I

Spend your summer in the lush Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary, studying the behavior and ecology of the endangered Asian elephant. Examine human-wildlife conflict and conservation pressures and discuss elephant welfare and management practices. Visit the vibrant city of Phnom Penh and the ancient temples of Angkor to explore the history and culture of Cambodia.

SFS students live and study at the Center for Conservation and Development Studies – our most urban Center – which lies on the outskirts of Siem Reap, near the famed temples of Angkor. The Center is a breezy, modern campus nestled in a quiet neighborhood minutes away from the bustling downtown area where you will find restaurants, shops, and markets with unique Cambodian flair.

• Stay at the Elephant Valley Project in the forested Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary to observe Asian elephants from meters away as they forage, bathe, and interact with each other in a protected setting.
  • Develop core skills including: Species IDs & wildlife monitoring, elephant behavior analysis, conservation grant writing, ethics & reasoning, basic Khmer language, research design and implementation, data collection and analysis, research presentation

We’ve updated our refund & cancelation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19

The School for Field Studies Scholarships
SFS Awards More Than $650,000 in Need-based Aid Each Year

SFS works closely with your home school to help you fund your SFS program. Many applicants receive aid through their home institutions or other outside sources, so check with your financial aid office to see what aid may apply to an SFS program.

$500 - $5,000