Documentary Film Study and Intern Across the Globe

India
Cambodia
Guatemala
Zambia
Join our crew and make a documentary film during your summer study abroad!

Spend a month abroad shooting a documentary in a developing country and produce a story that could change the world!
ST
There are change makers in the world today - making huge impacts in the social sector with brilliant solutions to seemingly hopeless societal problems - and nobody knows about them. With Actuality Media, you will use your talent as a filmmaker to research, write, shoot and edit a short documentary video about a change maker, who will use your media to launch themselves on the international stage. Your video can make the difference for future donations, grants, volunteers and worldwide attention.

An Actuality Media crew is made up of four positions Producer, Director, Cinematographer and Editor. A Project Supervisor will educate and assist crews.

2018 Programs will run in:
* May 26th - June 25th / Phnom Penh, Cambodia
*June 9th - July 8th / Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
* July 7th - August 5th / Jodhpur, India
*July 21st - August 19th / Lusaka, Zambia

For academic credit, please contact Actuality media and talk with your school advisor for more information.
  • Have the adventure of your life that will change the world!
  • Meet awesome people - locals and filmmakers alike.
  • Create a short documentary that can bring about a positive change in the world.
  • Learn the Actuality Media method of fashioning a fascinating documentary story.
  • Explore host countries on group excursions and weekend trips.

Bethany

Great Experience

I recommend this program very highly. Robin and Aubrey are great leaders and I learned a lot from them about the process that goes into making an effective documentary.

If you are interested in absorbing other cultures and filmmaking, then this is a perfect opportunity. I went on one of the trips to Guatemala; every aspect about the trip was outside of my normal comfort zone. But by the end of the trip I felt like I was a stronger person, and a better filmmaker.

I am still in close contact with many of the people I went on the trip with. Some of them have even thrown a few jobs my way!

I cannot say enough nice things about Actuality Media.

About Actuality Media

Actuality Media is an organization that believes in "changemakers." The organization works with crews from around the world to produce short documentaries to tell the stories of these heroes doing good in their communities. Students who are...