Come apply and advance your Mandarin language skills in one of the most dynamic, rapidly developing cities on earth. Whether you’re a first- or fifth-year student of the language, you’ll have access to intensive, daily Chinese coursework and one-on-one classes that address your individual needs.
Coupling that classwork with structured peer tutorials and language clinics, cultural activities and volunteer opportunities, CIEE study abroad in Shanghai provides you with an exciting and truly immersive international experience.
Study abroad in Shanghai and you will:
- Enroll in area studies courses related to business, international relations, political science, history, and other aspects of Chinese culture and society taught in English or Chinese
- Learn outside the classroom through weekend and weeklong excursions “off the tourist track,” and practice Chinese in authentic situations
- Live with a Chinese host family or on campus with a Chinese roommate
- You’ll visit companies and factories, government agencies, museums, and plays You will also go on fascinating overnight trips to the region for co-curriculum and extra-curriculum learning.
- Other group cultural activities include an acrobatics show, a river cruise along the Bund, a Chinese and CIEE student talent show, international student sporting events, and group meals with Chinese roommates and families.