Learn Chinese and Teach English in China

2017 IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award Winner | 2018 LoPair Scholarship is calling you!

The LoPair Scholarship Fund exists to help high quality applicants fulfill their dreams of living in China by providing reduced program costs. Don't miss your chance; apply now!

General Description:
- Live with a Chinese host family
- Tutor English and help organize activities for Chinese children
- Attend Chinese lessons at China's leading Mandarin school, Mandarin House
- Attend culture activities and plenty of social events
- Travel to your destination of choice during your last week

Entry Qualification:
- Native English speaker
- Current undergraduate
- Good academic background, top university preferred
- TEFL Certificate preferred
- Child education major preferred

Cost and Program Components:
This special program will be totally funded by your Chinese host family!! Program components include:
- International airfare
- Comprehen insurance
- Arrival Orientation
- 6 lessons per week of mandarin taught in well-known Chinese language school
- Flexible cultural or social events
- LoPair local coordinator support
- Completion Certificate

• 2018 Arrival Dates: May 24, June 21, July 5
  • FREE round-trip airfare, full-board accommodation and travel insurance!
  • 6 lessons per week of mandarin taught in well-known Chinese language school

Breanna

First Time Traveler!

This has been my first time traveling anywhere outside of my country so this experience has been very new and exciting! The Lopair staff have been very accommodating and were very helpful with the process of getting ready to leave for the trip as well as upon my arrival!

I thought that learning the language would be much more difficult but since you are immersed in the culture and everyone speaks the language you pick it up quite quickly!

You get to meet a lot of new people from different countries as well as some from your own! On the day that we arrived in China, I met someone that lives in the same city as I do as well as goes to the same college and is in the same program as me! But we only met the day we got off the plane in China!

This is an amazing program and has been such a great experience! I would highly recommend this program to anyone who loves adventures and working with children!!

Something I would have liked is if more people had the same days off. I found it a little difficult to see friends because we had different off days, and exploring China isn't as fun if you don't have a buddy to venture with!
Samuel

Summer in Shanghai

My time in China was relatively short compared to other Lopair's I met (due to another commitment), and so the main thing I'd change about the experience is that it were longer! Obviously, this is not any fault of Lopair's and I am very much grateful for having had such an opportunity. I found every one of Lopair's staff extremely welcoming and friendly, as was the case for almost every person I met in China. The program was, overall, very fair in terms of the workload-life balance, and when you eventually do become more like a sibling of the children, it doesn't feel too taxing at all. I also found the Mandarin classes absolutely excellent - the content was relevant and helpful, and my teacher (Linda) was exceptional.

Overall, I found the experience insightful, memorable, and thoroughly enjoyable.

Emma

Exciting and New

This is my first time going abroad on my own. In addition it is for 3 months, and I am about a month in already. I met some great new people and made new friends as well.

Future participants will get a unique experience and no one will have the same exact experience.

So far my favourite experience is when my friends and I went to explore a shop nearby the school. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. (Those that were there know the story)

I believe this is a great opportunity to see and experience a different language and culture. This program also offers a chance to meet new people and make lifelong friends. You also will have great stories to tell to your friends and family back home.

I found it difficult to find the school on my first day. I arrived about 2 hours early for class and found the school within an hour with the help of a kind stranger who spoke English.

Having a Beijing coordinator or already existing students escort the new comers to the school would have been helpful. To my knowledge everyone had asked how to find the school by asking existing students or by a stranger.

By having a Beijing coordinator it would relieve a lot of the worries and stress of being late to school on your first day. Especially if you are unable to leave early from the host family's home.
Emma

Exiting and New

This is my first time going abroad on my own. In addition it is for 3 months, and I am a month in already. I met some great new people and made new friends as well. Future participants will get a unique experience no one will have the same exact experience.
So far my favourite experience is when my friends and I went to explore a shop. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.
I believe this is a great opportunity to see and experience a different language and culture. This program offers a chance to meet people and make new lifelong friends.

Having someone (Beijing coordinator) escort the aupairs to the school. Everyone got lost and we had to ask the locals until we found someone who spoke or understood English. Having our coordinator walk us there on our first day would have made it easier to find the school.
Valentina

My first time in Asia

It has been a great experience. I always wanted to go to Asia and thanks to lopair I could make it. It’s the easiest, cheapest and funniest way to stay longer, to study Chinese and to get connected to this different and special culture. I totally recommend it, in particular cause lopair staff is really helpful and supports you every time you need. I also got very lucky with my family— I was a family member for them and I travel a lot with them.

I think it’s already a good program
Dan

Au pair Hanzhou with lopair

Excellent! A very fun and inclusive way to really experience a different culture. Hangzhou is a beautiful city and lots of interesting touristy things to do on days off. West lake at sunset is a must! The food is great and my family have been good at introducing me to a wide range of cuisine. The culture class is a great oppurtinity to meet up with the other au pairs and enjoy chinese culture together. Travelling in China is also relatively easy and cheap with high speed rail links between most major cities.

The classes could be improved if arriving au pairs were not put in the same class as au pairs who have already been in class for 2 months.

About LoPair Education

LoPair, based in Hangzhou, is proud to be the 1st Chinese au pair company that wins the Au Pair of the Year Winner Award at 2017 annual campaign run by International Au Pair Association. We place au pairs from worldwide with host families in 10+...