CIEE Intensive Chinese Language in Beijing, China

With 22 million Chinese-speaking people to share the city with, there’s no better place to hone your intermediate or advanced language skills than Beijing. Spend the semester immersed in language learning at CIEE Beijing while taking courses in Chinese at CIEE’s prestigious partner school, Peking University (PKU). Students agree to speak only Mandarin to encourage language and cultural acquisition. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• Choose from the largest selection of language electives in China at the prestigious Peking University.
  • Make marked language progress with up to 20 hours of classroom instruction a week plus one-on-one tutoring.
  • Explore beyond Beijing with excursions to other cities or rural areas.

New Virtual Global Innovation Internship: CIEE x Hacker Exchange!

For ambitious students (who aren’t going to let something as inconvenient as a global pandemic impact their future plans).

Combine a 1-week entrepreneurial bootcamp with global industry professionals with a with 7- or 11-week virtual internship at companies around the world and gain job-ready skills to get you hired!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Sarah

Fall 2018 Beijing Semester at PKU with CIEE

I had a great semester studying at PKU in Beijing thanks to the support and services provided by CIEE. From the excursions they planned for us throughout the semester, to our weekly tutoring sessions with graduate students, I feel that I have improved my language skills and cultural understanding of China incredibly. I was also always impressed with how available our program director was, as no matter the issue or the time she would be able to help us. I know there were a few hairy moments for others on the program and Ms. Jiang was always immediately available to help resolve the issue. I also think the office atmosphere was great, as anytime we needed help or wanted to chat or ask questions, we could go to the office and speak with any of the program employees there. It was also a great atmosphere to do homework or wind down after a long day of classes. I've been most impressed with the staff on the program.

I believe online information and orientation information could be updated, but otherwise I was very happy with the organization and execution of the program.
MIMI

The Best Opportunity for Language Study + Cultural Immersion in China

If you want an authentic experience in modern China, you must go to Beijing. And if you want a study-abroad experience that combines a rigorous language program with a series of unforgettable cultural events, I can recommend no program more highly than CIEE’s Intensive Chinese Language (ICL) program at Peking University. My language skills and confidence grew exponentially as a result of the daily language classes. I also got to experience the real Beijing (and China) with excursions to places such as the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and the Temple of Heaven. There were many opportunities to try fantastic food (I recommend Peking duck or anything with eggplant) and cultural activities (like calligraphy). On the other hand, there was plenty of time and resources available to plan my own excursions and activities. I was also impressed by the CIEE staff at Peking University, who were always there to hear my questions and concerns, or offer advice and recommendations for restaurants and attractions. If you have the opportunity to study abroad at this specific program, you should definitely take it.