IES Abroad Shanghai - Engineering

IES Abroad Shanghai - Engineering

What better place to study engineering than the world’s fastest growing economy and manufacturing center? Starting Fall 2015, you will have the opportunity to study either Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering in English at one of the top universities in China, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU).

SJTU ranked fifth in China in the 2013 QS University rankings and first in Mechanical Engineering. The university boasts numerous technological achievements and notable alumni in the field of engineering.

Asia » China » Shanghai
Chinese
Contact IES Abroad or see website for details

Brandon
Tulsa Oklahoma
University of Tulsa

IES Abroad Engineering Shanghai

The coordinators at the Shanghai campus for IES abroad were very accommodating and acted as very helpful touch stones to modern Chinese culture as well as advisors to help us out with our studies. The host family I had were very warm and inviting, if not a little less talkative than I would've preferred. The engineering courses I took there were very tough and challenged my learning skills, but for the most part they were very helpful in suggesting a good place for additional study aid. Other than the academics, China and Shanghai were a wonderful change of pace for me, and I really enjoyed the chance to travel around and truly experience a new culture. I met a slew of great new people both from China and from Europe as well since they were also studying in Shanghai. Travel around China to other famous cities was very easy,cheap and convenient. Overall I would highly recommend this program of you have an interest in engineering and experiencing a new culture!

Larger emphasis on the difficulty of the engineering courses. They are at the second best engineering university in China so they should be made known that the courses can be tough.

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student should have the opportunity to