Spend the summer exploring Costa Rica’s diverse and imitable ecosystems and gain comprehensive insight into its conservation through theory, hands-on exposure, and direct experimentation.
Through rigorous coursework, Spanish language instruction, extensive travel throughout Costa Rica, and an independent research project, study abroad in Monteverde, acquaints you with practical biological problems associated with agricultural development, eco-tourism, and grassroots conservation efforts in developing countries.
Study abroad in Costa Rica and you will:
- Camp and hike in some of Costa Rica’s most amazing protected areas, including a rain and dry forest, mangroves, beaches, and more
- Live in Monteverde, an internationally recognized area of research and natural beauty, and home to a world famous c oud forest
- Gain research experience conducting your own independent project
- Experience rural Costa Rica through a homestay with a local family
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.