In our January Term study abroad program, students will have the opportunity to take courses at one of Central America's top universities, Universidad Veritas, located in Costa Rica's capital and centrally located from the student's host families. Students have the choice between Spanish Language courses or a full catalog of elective courses taught in English including biology, business, politics, environmental science, and much more!
Students will also enjoy weekend excursions to Volcano Arenal, gain access to private training facilities and weight rooms and organize service-learning clinics for Costa Rican youth.
Student-Athletes Abroad works to ensure you have the most well-rounded experience abroad, while returning to your campus ready for season.
*This program is not exclusive to student-athletes*
- Train for your sport with specialized workouts while studying abroad in Costa Rica.
- Earn academic credit from one of the best universities in Central America.
- Enjoy weekend excursions zip-lining, relaxing at the world's largest hot springs, exploring the bustling city market and more!
- Live with a Costa Rican family and immerse yourself in their culture.
- Give back to the community volunteering with local youth in your sport while improving your Spanish-speaking skills.