CIEE Sustainability + the Environment in Monteverde

If you’re as passionate about saving the world as you are willing to get dirty while doing it, Costa Rica is calling.

Through lectures, internship opportunities, and extensive field work, study abroad in Monteverde offers you a theoretical foundation in conservation and sustainability and brings those principles to life with intensive hands-on experience. Not only will you examine the complexities affronting global biodiversity, you’ll also explore the possible solutions for resolving them. And with highly individualized Spanish classes, homestays, and myriad opportunities to interact and engage with local farmers, residents, and business people, you’ll enjoy a truly transformative experience in a very challenging but rewarding semester abroad.

Study abroad in Costa Rica and you will:

- Participate in specially designed CIEE courses on sustainability and tropical conservation

- Travel to remote and unique locations in Costa Rica and Nicaragua

Victoria

Summer 2016 Semester Review

I had never travelled outside of the United States before and Costa Rica was the perfect place to begin my travels. Not only did I learn about the culture, the course itself was very insightful and I gained a lot of knowledge from it. The professors for the course were phenomenal. They really cared about the students and made sure we felt comfortable and were having fun the entire time. This program and the people in it changed my life. I don't regret anything and I appreciate everything they provided for me. I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in the Costa Rican culture and learning how to live sustainably!

I love being in a home stay the most. I prefer to live with a local family rather than staying at a hotel. Staying with a family really opened my eyes to how the local people live and helped me learn more about the culture and language.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...