CIEE Summer Cuban Studies in Havana, Cuba

CIEE Study Abroad (Havana, Cuba)

Spend four weeks immersed in Cuban culture, studying and getting to know the capital city of Havana—from the UNESCO World Heritage site to its many diverse suburbs.

You’ll choose one intensive course, complemented by a variety of field trips and outings, adding depth to your adventure in this island nation.

Win up to $3,000 for 2020 Study Abroad with CIEE!

Put “study abroad” on your 2020 calendar! Enter the Seize the Season Sweepstakes for a chance to be one of eight lucky students who will share up to $24,000 in study abroad scholarships with CIEE. Choose your prize: $1,500 toward any of 80+ summer study abroad programs or $3,000 toward any of 100+ fall study abroad programs. The sweepstakes ends on April 15, 2020. Enter today!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Sloane

A Month in Havana

If you're looking to study abroad but do something a bit different than everyone else, I would say this is the course for you. If you're trying to decide between going to Madrid or Cuba, I can't tell you much about Madrid but I can tell you that you won't regret going the road less traveled.

The staff here is incredible and the academic opportunities are fantastic. We were constantly going on different trips which addressed every interest I could think of: LGBTQ rights, Afro-Cuban studies, medicine/health (we visited a clinic), education (we went to a primary school), volunteer work and much more. This is a unique experience. Also, Havana is incredibly safe so there is no need to worry about anything (not even getting lost).

The Cuban people are probably the nicest people I have ever met. I'm from New York so the idea of just stopping someone in the street to talk seemed odd but people love to chat and get to know each other here or just give directions/recommendations.

Don't worry about the wifi. You can easily go to a nearby hotel and buy a wifi card there. Your casa particular might even have wifi there (only some of them).