AIFS Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic: Summer Program

Spend the summer in the picturesque city of Prague with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 18 credits through a variety of courses at Charles University. Courses are taught in English.
You will live in a student residence well connected to the rest of the city. Students have a double room with a shared bathroom and kitchen. The residence hall provides internet access and 24-hour reception. For meals, you will have a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries.
Cultural activities in Prague will include walking tours of the city, opera, theater and ballet performances, sporting events and visits to some of Prague’s famous cafes. You will also enjoy excursions to Kutná Hora or Český Krumlov, Moravia, Karlovy Vary and Czech Switzerland.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Kraków and Auschwitz-Birkenau, Poland, a 3-day trip to Berlin, Germany, and a 3-day post-program tour to Bratislava and Budapest.

• Transcripts are issued by Charles University
  • 2 days in Moravia
  • 2 days in Český Krumlov

Holly

My Adopted Home: Prague

Ahoj! Prague is an amazing city with endless opportunities for the young traveler. Whether you are interested in history, art, music, or sports, you will find something for yourself here. My favorite part about this study abroad experience was the people I met and all of the fun activities I was able to do while here (and while traveling to other countries). You will never be bored, in fact I found that I had very little free time because there was so much to do. Tips for future participants: learn key local phrases, get lost in the city (you will always find your way back to some place familiar), and always say yes to dessert (also, try the local cuisine, it is delicious)! I will never forget this city and the people I met here. I am already looking forward to coming back to visit.

For students who choose to go through AIFS for their flight option, they should be allowed to choose from a selection of times, it would make scheduling and pickup easier (in consideration of the people at home who have to pick us up).
Celina

Summer in Prague

My summer in Prague (and a few other countries, as well) was so worth it! I was disappointed at first because I wanted to do an entire semester overseas, but this summer program fit perfectly with my busy schedule. I spent a lot of time looking at beautiful buildings, getting lost, and eating food. It sounds monotonous, I know, but every day really can be an adventure if you make it one. My classes gave me a wider worldview, I learned a lot from my peers, and trying to navigate a new culture alone increased my confidence in being independent. I often had "yes" days- yes to new meals, new study spots, new experiences- and I was glad to have done that. It pushed me out of my comfort zone, and that's how you grow. Advice for students? Go on Z's walks. He is precious. Although everyone loves Czech beer and clubbing, I stress getting a night of good rest. Do travel outside of Prague. Do that frequently. I problem have a ton more little tid-bits, but it's a little overwhelming trying to write a review on an entire 4 weeks! I am going to miss this captivating city and my wonderful friends!

Have homestays!

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....