AIFS Study Abroad in Prague: Summer

Spend either 4 or 7 weeks studying a wide range of topics and earn up to 9 credits at world-renowned Charles University in the beautiful Bohemian city of Prague. Choose from courses in art, history, film, politics, sociology and more.

Live in a university residence hall located within walking distance of parks, restaurants and the metro station. A transportation pass and meal allowance are included. Immerse yourself in Czech life with a variety of cultural activities including city tours, museum visits, castle day trips and two 2-day trips to Carlsbad and Moravia. Optional trips include a 3-day excursion to Berlin, a 3-day excursion to Poland, and a 5-day excursion to Budapest and Vienna.

Prague hosts museums, theaters, art galleries, film houses, castles and cathedrals. Wander the cobblestone streets, comparing the Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance, Art Nouveau and other architectural styles on display. Lose yourself in the rich culture of this historic bohemian city.

Holly

My Adopted Home: Prague

Ahoj! Prague is an amazing city with endless opportunities for the young traveler. Whether you are interested in history, art, music, or sports, you will find something for yourself here. My favorite part about this study abroad experience was the people I met and all of the fun activities I was able to do while here (and while traveling to other countries). You will never be bored, in fact I found that I had very little free time because there was so much to do. Tips for future participants: learn key local phrases, get lost in the city (you will always find your way back to some place familiar), and always say yes to dessert (also, try the local cuisine, it is delicious)! I will never forget this city and the people I met here. I am already looking forward to coming back to visit.

For students who choose to go through AIFS for their flight option, they should be allowed to choose from a selection of times, it would make scheduling and pickup easier (in consideration of the people at home who have to pick us up).
Celina

Summer in Prague

My summer in Prague (and a few other countries, as well) was so worth it! I was disappointed at first because I wanted to do an entire semester overseas, but this summer program fit perfectly with my busy schedule. I spent a lot of time looking at beautiful buildings, getting lost, and eating food. It sounds monotonous, I know, but every day really can be an adventure if you make it one. My classes gave me a wider worldview, I learned a lot from my peers, and trying to navigate a new culture alone increased my confidence in being independent. I often had "yes" days- yes to new meals, new study spots, new experiences- and I was glad to have done that. It pushed me out of my comfort zone, and that's how you grow. Advice for students? Go on Z's walks. He is precious. Although everyone loves Czech beer and clubbing, I stress getting a night of good rest. Do travel outside of Prague. Do that frequently. I problem have a ton more little tid-bits, but it's a little overwhelming trying to write a review on an entire 4 weeks! I am going to miss this captivating city and my wonderful friends!

Have homestays!

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....