CIEE Central European Studies in Prague, Czech Republic

Explore the history and culture of this dynamic Central European nation through courses taught in English at CIEE Prague, as well as at CIEE Prague partner schools, Charles University and the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU). Choose from a wide array of courses in politics, history, media, art, religion and literature that are complemented with co-curricular activities or excursions outside of Prague to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

Looking for more?

Sign up for a tuition-free, optional internship! Gain hands-on work experience in a local organization and gain real-world professional skills.

• Make your visit official by traversing the Charles Bridge, constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
  • Live in Prague like a local college student and partake in the city’s vibrant cultural and social scene as you learn more about the local customs.
  • Head to class with a fairy-tale castle and hundreds of church spires as your backdrop.

New Virtual Global Innovation Internship: CIEE x Hacker Exchange!

For ambitious students (who aren’t going to let something as inconvenient as a global pandemic impact their future plans).

Combine a 1-week entrepreneurial bootcamp with global industry professionals with a with 7- or 11-week virtual internship at companies around the world and gain job-ready skills to get you hired!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Kathryn

Highly Recommend CIEE Prague

I loved CIEE Prague! The staff was nice and very helpful. The classes were interesting and I enjoyed my Professors. I was hesitant about going abroad with a study abroad company rather than directly through a school, but it was actually a great experience. I learned a lot and the program was well-organized. The staff responds well to suggestions from students and has put in place a more flexible attendance policy and implemented more breaks for travelling. This has helped give me more freedom to enjoy being in Europe while I am here.

One thing that I would have liked is more exposure to local people, as well as international students. The program is almost entirely American students. Which was fun -- I still met lots of new people. I just wanted to meet more people my age from other countries.
Maryanna

Amazing experience

CIEE provided me with the tools to travel to amazing places, learn new things, and make friends for life. The classes were insightful and taught me a lot about Central European and the history of Czech Republic. The professors and administrators were extremely helpful and excited to teach and make my experience the best they could. My Czech buddy and my roommates made life in Prague so fun and exciting.

Ellen

Excellent program

I would highly recommend studying in Prague through CIEE. Classes were usually interesting and not too difficult. Housing was nice, clean, and well located. Opportunities for internships and cultural activities are readily available if you're interested. I thought CIEE's staff was super friendly and helpful, and our Study Center was in a cool location (and you'll get your daily cardio walking up the hill it sits on!). I didn't know too many other students in Prague through providers other than CIEE to compare experiences with, but I can't think of much on CIEE's end that wasn't done really well! Come to Prague and enjoy living in a city that's beautiful, interesting, weird, cheap, wild, historical, and amazing, all at once.

Be aware that this program is HUGE. I was expecting to be in a group of maybe 30-50 students, and it was definitely something like 150-200. That's not bad, but I was surprised.
Sarah

Unique and Friendly

The CIEE program in Prague is definitely worthwhile. I had a great time, and although I had some disappointments, the traveling experience, the culture shock, really helped me to understand there is more than just a US way of living. This is something I thought I already understood, but I was incorrect, and now I feel I have a better understanding of what is important in life.

I enjoyed my classes, although they didn't see quite as rigorous as my courses at home, The topics were unlike anything I could study at the University of Arkansas and kept me interested and my mind stimulated.

CIEE tried to do a lot of things for us in the beginning to get us out and seeing the country, but that soon waned and eventually stopped altogether. But I would hang out with friends (local and other CIEE students) on the weekends quite a bit, and classes only Mon-Thursday was really nice.

If you're keen to spend a semester in a non-traditional country (i.e. Italy or France), then studying in Prague definitely fits the bill and I can't recommend it enough. Have fun!