CIEE Central European Studies in Czech Republic

Staggering architecture, rich cultural history, a turbulent past and exciting future – Prague is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. And with CIEE’s Central European Studies program, you’ll have the opportunity to make it your own.

Enroll in courses at prestigious, local universities, choosing from Czech language, and a host of academic courses exploring the dynamics of the country, its culture and place in the region.

Study abroad in Prague for access to the city's unusually rich cultural life—festivals, operas, and concerts—and in no time you’ll adopt the “Nejak bylo, Nejak bude” (“Somehow it went and somehow it will go”) attitude and make use of the city like a native Bohemian.

Maryanna

Amazing experience

CIEE provided me with the tools to travel to amazing places, learn new things, and make friends for life. The classes were insightful and taught me a lot about Central European and the history of Czech Republic. The professors and administrators were extremely helpful and excited to teach and make my experience the best they could. My Czech buddy and my roommates made life in Prague so fun and exciting.

Ellen

Excellent program

I would highly recommend studying in Prague through CIEE. Classes were usually interesting and not too difficult. Housing was nice, clean, and well located. Opportunities for internships and cultural activities are readily available if you're interested. I thought CIEE's staff was super friendly and helpful, and our Study Center was in a cool location (and you'll get your daily cardio walking up the hill it sits on!). I didn't know too many other students in Prague through providers other than CIEE to compare experiences with, but I can't think of much on CIEE's end that wasn't done really well! Come to Prague and enjoy living in a city that's beautiful, interesting, weird, cheap, wild, historical, and amazing, all at once.

Be aware that this program is HUGE. I was expecting to be in a group of maybe 30-50 students, and it was definitely something like 150-200. That's not bad, but I was surprised.
Sarah

Unique and Friendly

The CIEE program in Prague is definitely worthwhile. I had a great time, and although I had some disappointments, the traveling experience, the culture shock, really helped me to understand there is more than just a US way of living. This is something I thought I already understood, but I was incorrect, and now I feel I have a better understanding of what is important in life.

I enjoyed my classes, although they didn't see quite as rigorous as my courses at home, The topics were unlike anything I could study at the University of Arkansas and kept me interested and my mind stimulated.

CIEE tried to do a lot of things for us in the beginning to get us out and seeing the country, but that soon waned and eventually stopped altogether. But I would hang out with friends (local and other CIEE students) on the weekends quite a bit, and classes only Mon-Thursday was really nice.

If you're keen to spend a semester in a non-traditional country (i.e. Italy or France), then studying in Prague definitely fits the bill and I can't recommend it enough. Have fun!

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...