Known as a centerpiece of European history and culture, Prague is a must-see for any globe-trotter and an incredible introduction for first time travelers. Throughout the Czech Republic’s history, Prague has been at the intersection of ideas, art, and world politics. The result is a city that satisfies even the most acute wanderlust.
During this two-week Global Prep program, topics that you’ve only read about will transform into textures, tastes, and first-hand stories. Want to learn about World War II or the Cold War? You’ll travel to Berlin to see the remnants of these world-changing events. Interested in learning about the artistic movements of Europe and the architecture built out of them? Come with us and see it yourself!
When you’re not using Prague as your classroom, you’ll venture to Bohemia–the Czech Republic’s countryside. There, you’ll visit quintessential European towns overflowing with charms, castles, and stories.
- Learn some of the Czech (or Bohemian) language!
- Visit the city of Kutná Hora, a town that hosts UNESCO sites and even an ossuary – a cathedral built from bones to honor them.
- Hike gorgeous landscapes, go for a dip in natural swimming pools, or savor Prague’s cuisine at Terezín transit camp!
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume.
AFS-USA Grants & Scholarships
The opportunity to study abroad should be available to everyone, regardless of their financial means. Annually, we award scholarships to about half of our study abroad students.