API students at Charles University can choose from courses in art and culture, economics, film studies, history, literature, music, political science, psychology, sociology, theater, and Czech language. All courses, with the exception of Czech, are offered in English. Semester students in Prague will also have the opportunity of a crash course in the Czech language to jump start their semester abroad! This will allow students to immerse into their time in Prague during their first few weeks in Prague.
Established in 1348, Charles University still carries the name and legacy of its founder, the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV. Backed up by more than 600 years of tradition, the university is considered to be one of the most research-intensive and international institutions in the world. Students will have the opportunity to study at this prestigious university in addition to exploring this unique historical and modern city in the heart of Europe.
- Semester and Summer students have an international excursion included within the program fee!
- API offers a January term program in Prague through Charles University.
- Have the opportunity to take courses in English while studying in Central Europe.
- Live in the heart of Prague with close access to the historic Old Town, Prague Castle, and the university.
- Weekday breakfasts are included with our dormitory housing option. Students who select the shared apartment have access to kitchens within their flat.
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information
API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.