CIEE Summer Communications, New Media + Journalism in Prague, Czech Republic

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Home to a rapidly evolving media landscape, Prague is the perfect city to examine the changing nature of contemporary media culture.

Enrolling directly at the most prestigious university in Prague you’ll develop a deeper literacy about global communication trends, while exploring the complexities of contemporary life in the Czech Republic.

Study abroad in Prague and you will:

- Enjoy course excursions to local media outlets, such as Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty

- Deepen your understanding of the Czech Republic with various historic and cultural excursions around Prague and the surrounding area

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Melanie

First time abroad experience

I enjoyed being in the CIEE program to expand my learning for my journalism career. I liked the activities we got to participate in, made a few friends, and learned something new in my news media, globalization, and journalism course. I would recommend this program to high school and college students for the adventure.

I also enjoyed being in a new city that was a way from home. Prague is full of life, the architecture is beautiful, the weather is really hot, and the night life is wonderful. I recommend the Arepas de Lyna place to eat fresh Venezuelan food. They are so sweet, their customer service is phenomenal, and it was close to my apartment. Definitely a ten out of ten and five star restaurant. I hope if you have the chance to come to Prague, to fully grasp the European culture and lifestyle.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Public transportation was difficult for me because I usually drive everywhere, but I got the hang of it.