Arcadia in London Summer

Arcadia in London Summer

Spend your summer studying in London- one of the world's most exciting and cosmopolitan capital cities. This innovative and affordable program offers courses taught by Arcadia London Center staff and are also available through a number of our partner institutions in the University of London system. Using London as the classroom, you'll relate your course to the people of this exciting city as you bring your studies to life.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: London Street Art Tour, Harry Potter Studio Tour, and Tower of London.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives. These experiences should help you build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Europe » England » London
Social Sciences
Sociology
Theater, Drama and Dance
Letters of Recommendation
See website for details. Scholarships available!

KUlrich
Connecticut
Quinnipiac University

Overall Good experience

The program was an overall good experience it could use some work. The teacher I had for photography was great, took us around the city to see different exhibits. Housed well and lived very comfortably. Class was not far from the station as well as housing and they helped teach you how to get around.

I did not feel fully immersed into the culture. Mostly because all of the students were American also and sometimes we felt lost on where the good places to go out were and not just the tourist things that we had read about. It would help if there were people that lived in the area our age that would have participated in the program or may be have been ambassadors of some sort to help us figure things out rather than just the faculty.

Emily
Boston, MA
Emerson College

Best summer of my life

This program is spectacular. The teachers and quality of the classes are as amazing as the opportunities to explore, travel, and experience London from the inside. I was able to travel to Scotland, and Wales, as well as areas around London including Bath, Stonehenge etc. The academics are not all time consuming to prevent you from seeing the city. They're challenging and engaging enough to keep you excited but sill allow your weekends to explore.
The program also does a really good job during orientation to get you used to the city and know what to expect. They send you on little scavenger hunts to try foods from certain markets or walk through famous parks. They also get you acquainted with the public transit system, the currency, and the slang of the city so you can communicate easily with the locals.
I am a theater major so my favorite part of the trip was how many shows I was able to see. Arcadia told us our opportunities to get discounted tickets to west end shows and I was a part of the theater class which gave me tickets to 5 different shows. I was able to see 8 shows in 8 weeks.
Overall, I would recommend this program to anyone. It's an incredible experience for not a lot of money in comparison to other abroad programs. The staff are all so kind and helpful and want to make your stay in London as awesome as possible. I also made so many friendships that have lasted long after the program ended.

Hayley
Champaign, Illinois
Arcadia University

Average Day

Classes were usually two days a week for about two hours. I had to use the tube system (underground subway) because it was about a 45 minute journey to class from my housing with walking and going through the tube. I tried to go to as many markets as I could while I was there because there is great shopping and wonderful food choices that range over many types.

After the orientation week is over, you have the ability to make your own travel plans and I took many four day weekend trips to other places around Europe. Using the bus system is a great way to travel around England and can be very inexpensive. I suggest finding people that you want to travel with potentially very early in the trip and buying plan tickets through Ryan Air and EasyJet because they go up in price the closer you get to the date.

The staff in this program are extremely friendly and helpful! Most of them are younger and have a lot of great suggestions on where to travel and places to go see in London itself. I would take advantage of the school and their free printing and computer room. They are open everyday but Saturday and it was a great place to do homework and print it for free!

This is a great program and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to experience a different kind of classroom experience but still wants the availability to travel around Europe and have free time! This is an awesome program!

I would change some of the orientation activities and choose to go a different place besides Kew Gardens, like a tour of Buckingham palace or Tower Bridge. I also think that a unlimited monthly pass should be included in the tuition price because it is absolutely necessary to go to class and back and travel around London.

Students from colleges and universities throughout the U.S. study abroad with Arcadia University through The College of Global Studies, the first college of its kind in the U.S. With over 130 programs in 12 countries, we offer a wide range of programs in many study