CIS Abroad - Semester in London - University of Roehampton

Stonehenge!
Classic London red telephone booth photo
Drinking mulled wine and walking around Portobello Market in Notting Hill!
Study Abroad at Roehampton University with CISabroad
Study Abroad at Roehampton University with CISabroad

London is calling. Are you ready to explore this hub of culture, fashion, music, and politics? The streets and markets are buzzing, the pubs are jolly, and the museums are packed with art and artifacts. As a student embarking on the London Semester, you’ll study at the top-ranked University of Roehampton, giving you A-plus academics. Roehampton is in a beautiful neighborhood in London, so you can easily visit iconic places like Big Ben, Parliament, and the famous Buckingham Palace. Another bonus: everything on campus is within walking distance, so you can zip from class to your dorm to the student union. This serene campus gives you a break from the bustle of the city—that is, until you’re ready to tackle it again.

• Vast array of courses in many fields to support your major
  • Wide selection of sports teams and student activities
  • Large international student population
  • Walkable, serene, Harry Potter campus near public transportation
  • Supportive on-site staff to help you transition to life in London

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Olivia

CISabroad Roehampton

I am so grateful for my experience studying abroad in London at the University of Roehampton with CISabroad. The CISabroad team was incredibly patient, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire process. I always felt taken care of, and encouraged in my study abroad endeavor. Onsite accommodations were awesome. I chose standard housing and was placed in Bede House with four other CISabroad students. I had my own room, and was provided with bedding and a kitchen set, making moving into my ew space easy. Classes at Roehampton were eye opening, challenging, and engaging. I took part in two "London Studies" courses that specifically encourage international students to explore the city. My two onsite advisors, Anna Bermani and Linda Hallback were absolute inspirations. Both of them worked very hard to customize our experience, and ensured our interests and concerns were always taken care of. Our excursions ranged from market tours on Southbank to a weekend in Edinbrough. I can easily say that these trips with CISabroad enhanced my experience exponentially. Overall I am forever thankful for this life changing experience, which was so much more achievable with the support of CISabroad.

The only change I would make is the support and outline of the first few days on campus. I arrived to Roehampton on a Wednesday, where I was handed a packet of information and materials from both the University and Anna from CIS Abroad. Our orientation dinner with Anna would be on the Friday. I wish I had a schedule or guideline of things I needed to do within that time. For example, that Wednesday night I got together with a bunch of international students and Ubered to the local ASDA in a a rush because we realized we would not have any food for breakfast. However, after the dinner with Anna on the Friday night many of my questions and concerned were answered, and after that I was much more comfortable.
Shae

Thank you CIS!

This was an incredible journey I embarked on in the Fall of 2018. I headed to London, nervous, excited, and ready for a great experience. What I got was the best 14 weeks of my life, thanks to a great location, school, and CIS abroad. CIS does an amazing job helping you apply, prepare, live abroad, and even return home. The entire experience feels like you're on your own still, and you gain a lot of independence, but its comforting to know CIS staff is always ready to lend a helping hand. Studying abroad should not be a pain, and they understand that and want you to get the best out of your time. Included excursions were some of my favorite memories of studying abroad. Seeing the highlands of Scotland and exploring the U.K including Brighton are times that stick with me looking back. Anytime I had minor problems, with financial aid or in life, the support I received allowed me to feel completely comfortable adjusting into London. It truly is incredible and I am so grateful for CISabroad and the wonderful University of Roehampton, which had a great campus life and international student population. London center is a close distance and something I miss looking back. I am so glad I cherished every moment, the highs and lows, all making for an unforgettable experience.

Kerry

Best Time of my Life

This experience was one I will never forget! CISabroad was amazing in the application process, and went above and beyond while I was overseas. There were excursions included in the tuition, and the small group of CIS students became a small family. I had the privilege of traveling to 8 different countries in a short 5 month period, and was immersed in culture. I made friends that will last a lifetime, was able to live on my own in a foreign setting, and was constantly pushed out of my comfort zone in the best way possible.

I know there is always room for improvement, but I cannot think of anything I would change about the program. It was fun, the people were helpful and easy to contact, and the experience was life changing!
Bethany

London Semester Review: Fall 2017

I studied abroad through CISabroad for the fall 2017 semester, and had a better experience than I could have ever hoped for! I loved the University of Roehampton campus and how easy I found it to navigate the neighborhood. All of my instructors were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed the classes I took. There were plenty of things going on around campus to get involved with and I formed some truly great friendships through those opportunities.

The excursions that were included through CISabroad were amazing bonuses to the experience. The weekend Edinburgh trip was probably my absolute favorite. I loved traveling by train to Scotland, visiting a whiskey distillery, and indulging in local cuisine among other things. Another excursion was to Brighton which was also great aside from the incredibly dreary weather.

My actual overseas experience was incredible but the journey to getting abroad was good as well. My questions were always answered and the people of CISabroad were always extremely helpful.
I would definitely choose CISabroad again for my abroad experience.

Marissa

My Semester in London

I spent January to May 2016 at the University of Roehampton in London, England through CIS and incredible doesn't even begin to describe my time there. I had the opportunity to experience different learning and academic styles, travel to more than 8 countries, try all different types of food, meet people and make lifelong friends with people all over the world, and so much more.

CIS was amazing starting right away with a welcome dinner, having day trips to places like Windsor Castle, and always there to answer any questions or concerns. Roehampton Uni itself is beautiful, the living situation is nice (you get your own room!), and they host all different events throughout the week from karaoke, to discounted club nights, and access to all of the clubs on campus!

I went to London through CIS on my own - I knew no one getting onto that plane in Boston - but I was confident and prepared thanks to all of the help from the CIS staff. I left London with a group of girls I still talk to almost every single day and have visited/plan to visit in the near future and the stories and experiences I have are so special to me.

If you are thinking about going abroad - do it! And go through CIS!

I had some difficulties getting quick responses or information I needed quickly and efficiently from my adviser before leaving the states.
Kaitlin

My semester in London

My time at the University of Roehampton was fantastic. First of all, the campus, especially Grove House, is gorgeous and different than any other campus in London. The class scheduled offered plenty of time to explore the city and surrounding cities and even countries on top of academics. Living with home students in a flat of six people (some were other study abroad students) was a challenge but also fun because I made some great friends along the way. CIS was great at helping get students settled in and being available throughout the semester if we needed help or just someone to talk to. The excursions were interesting and unique; they were not your typical tourist activities, but interesting things such as a visit to Kensington Palace and high tea at The Orangery. Overall, it was a great experience in a great city.

I think it would be good to discuss the living situation a little more and how best to approach it. Sometimes it was a challenge living with so many different people, especially as someone who isn't into drinking.