CISabroad - The London Semester

London is calling. Are you ready to explore this hub of culture, fashion, music, and politics? The streets and markets are buzzing, the pubs are jolly, and the museums are packed with art and artifacts. As a student embarking on the London Semester, you’ll study at the top-ranked University of Roehampton, giving you A-plus academics. Roehampton is in a beautiful neighborhood in London, so you can easily visit iconic places like Big Ben, Parliament, and the famous Buckingham Palace. Another bonus: everything on campus is within walking distance, so you can zip from class to your dorm to the student union. This serene campus gives you a break from the bustle of the city—that is, until you’re ready to tackle it again.

Marissa

My Semester in London

I spent January to May 2016 at the University of Roehampton in London, England through CIS and incredible doesn't even begin to describe my time there. I had the opportunity to experience different learning and academic styles, travel to more than 8 countries, try all different types of food, meet people and make lifelong friends with people all over the world, and so much more.

CIS was amazing starting right away with a welcome dinner, having day trips to places like Windsor Castle, and always there to answer any questions or concerns. Roehampton Uni itself is beautiful, the living situation is nice (you get your own room!), and they host all different events throughout the week from karaoke, to discounted club nights, and access to all of the clubs on campus!

I went to London through CIS on my own - I knew no one getting onto that plane in Boston - but I was confident and prepared thanks to all of the help from the CIS staff. I left London with a group of girls I still talk to almost every single day and have visited/plan to visit in the near future and the stories and experiences I have are so special to me.

If you are thinking about going abroad - do it! And go through CIS!

I had some difficulties getting quick responses or information I needed quickly and efficiently from my adviser before leaving the states.
Kaitlin

My semester in London

My time at the University of Roehampton was fantastic. First of all, the campus, especially Grove House, is gorgeous and different than any other campus in London. The class scheduled offered plenty of time to explore the city and surrounding cities and even countries on top of academics. Living with home students in a flat of six people (some were other study abroad students) was a challenge but also fun because I made some great friends along the way. CIS was great at helping get students settled in and being available throughout the semester if we needed help or just someone to talk to. The excursions were interesting and unique; they were not your typical tourist activities, but interesting things such as a visit to Kensington Palace and high tea at The Orangery. Overall, it was a great experience in a great city.

I think it would be good to discuss the living situation a little more and how best to approach it. Sometimes it was a challenge living with so many different people, especially as someone who isn't into drinking.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...