FIE London: Semester and Quarter Study Abroad

Imagine visiting the Chelsea Football Club at Stamford Bridge as part of your Sporting London course, or getting a behind-the scenes tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in Southwark for British Life and Cultures class. All of our programs emphasize and require co-curricular activities within London to help contextualize your academic learning.

When you aren’t taking in a live theater performance or exploring new London neighborhoods, Foundation House in charming South Kensington serves as an academic base for students and faculty with fully-equipped modern classrooms. FIE London offers a variety of study only programs throughout the year. The FIE Study semester (Fall, Spring) in London incorporates 14 weeks of study with an FIE Key Course and three or four elective courses from our extensive menu of topics.

• Live and study in South Kensington, one of London's most desirable locations
  • Zones 1-2 Tube pass included
  • Use London as your classroom with included co-curricular activities in the city
  • 24/7 support from our Residence Life team
  • Subsidized extra-curricular calendar jam packed with trips, tours, and events!

FIE Online internships available for Spring 2021!

A world of opportunities from home! Boost your resume with an online internship in the UK or Ireland and gain international work experience from wherever you are in the world. Online internships are available in a variety of areas including:

Marketing, Advertising & Design
Film & Video Editing
Charity & Non-Profit
Business Administration
Communications & Journalism

Apply by November 15!

Shifa

Home away from home

As I was already studying abroad for Bachelors, during my freshman year I did not think I wanted to do a semester abroad somewhere else. However, my sophomore year I realized that it is a great opportunity and I decided to apply for study abroad along with my roommate. This was the best decision I made! I had a beyond amazing time studying and exploring in London and am more than happy about my experience with Foundation of International Education. I was able to choose the Quarter study program which fit with my college's trimester schedule and I also got a scholarship by FIE which made this possible. All the courses had out of class activities as well which I really liked. London soon became home and is a great place to study abroad, a city where you will never go out of things to do!

It would be nice to have more variety of courses such as those related to Mathematics.
Jenna

FIE Winter Quarter

I loved my experience with FIE! The housing was in a good location, was kept clean, had good bathrooms and kitchens, and felt very safe. It was great to feel like I was living in London on my own, but to still have support when I needed it. FIE provided lots of information about the events going on in London every week, and all the trips they provided were well organized and great experiences (especially the Wales weekend and Shakespeare Stratford Upon Avon). I loved the small class sizes and learning about the British culture in the classroom and on field trips throughout London. The diverse facility and subjects made for a good educational experience, and was not so challenging and stressful that I didn't have free time to explore London and Europe. Ultimately, I loved my time with FIE in London, and I wish I could go back!

The mattress were pretty hard and the pillows were flat, which was an adjustment, but definitely an easy sacrifice.
Ashley

Spring 2019

Studying abroad has always been something I wanted to do in my college experience. Once I found out that my major at my home college offered this opportunity, I signed up. I was nervous because I did not know anyone but also excited to take on this new journey.

Studying abroad in London has truly been a great experience and I am so happy I was able to do it. Taking classes here was different because we had 3 courses in 8 weeks. Classes were Monday-Thursday and each about 3 hours long. Beside sitting in classrooms listening to lectures, doing homework, we also got frequent field trips. This was fun because we got to explore the city of London and incorporate class material.

Being here for 4 months has taught me to appreciate culture and diversity. I believe the outcome of this has allowed me to grow as a person.

Something to improve would be the housing. I wish I knew the location and roomate situation earlier. Also it would have been nice if we were provided with exact blankets, pillows, and towels.

It would have also been nice to choose our own class schedule.
Lisa

Study Abroad with FIE

Studying abroad in London through FIE was one of the best college experience for me. I lived in the Manson place which was located in South Kensington. It was within walking distance from class and close by to the tube station. This made things more convenient. I felt safe walking back late at night .

Through FIE, they offered many fun trips. The Wales weekend trip was one of my favorite because it was well planned out and I got to jump off cliffs. How cool is that? I loved the adrenaline rush! The view of the coastline was breathtaking. I highly recommend this trip.

The staffs at FIE are very nice and understanding. They were all very welcoming and are willing to help resolve any problems. If I could do this again, I would!