FIE London: Semester and Quarter Study Abroad

Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace
London Eye
London Eye

Imagine visiting the Chelsea Football Club at Stamford Bridge as part of your Sporting London course, or getting a behind-the scenes tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in Southwark for British Life and Cultures class. All of our programs emphasize and require co-curricular activities within London to help contextualize your academic learning.

When you aren’t taking in a live theater performance or exploring new London neighborhoods, Foundation House in charming South Kensington serves as an academic base for students and faculty with fully-equipped modern classrooms. FIE London offers a variety of study only programs throughout the year. The FIE Study semester (Fall, Spring) in London incorporates 14 weeks of study with an FIE Key Course and three or four elective courses from our extensive menu of topics.

• Live and study in South Kensington, one of London's most desirable locations
  • Zones 1-2 Tube pass included
  • Use London as your classroom with included co-curricular activities in the city
  • 24/7 support from our Residence Life team
  • Subsidized extra-curricular calendar jam packed with trips, tours, and events!

FIE's extensive scholarship program awards over $100k to students like you every year!

Sharif Rahman Memorial Scholarships
Amount: $3,000
Deadlines:
Spring Semester & Winter Quarter: September 15
Spring Quarter: December 15
Fall Semester & Fall Quarter: March 15

Jenna

FIE Winter Quarter

I loved my experience with FIE! The housing was in a good location, was kept clean, had good bathrooms and kitchens, and felt very safe. It was great to feel like I was living in London on my own, but to still have support when I needed it. FIE provided lots of information about the events going on in London every week, and all the trips they provided were well organized and great experiences (especially the Wales weekend and Shakespeare Stratford Upon Avon). I loved the small class sizes and learning about the British culture in the classroom and on field trips throughout London. The diverse facility and subjects made for a good educational experience, and was not so challenging and stressful that I didn't have free time to explore London and Europe. Ultimately, I loved my time with FIE in London, and I wish I could go back!

The mattress were pretty hard and the pillows were flat, which was an adjustment, but definitely an easy sacrifice.
Ashley

Spring 2019

Studying abroad has always been something I wanted to do in my college experience. Once I found out that my major at my home college offered this opportunity, I signed up. I was nervous because I did not know anyone but also excited to take on this new journey.

Studying abroad in London has truly been a great experience and I am so happy I was able to do it. Taking classes here was different because we had 3 courses in 8 weeks. Classes were Monday-Thursday and each about 3 hours long. Beside sitting in classrooms listening to lectures, doing homework, we also got frequent field trips. This was fun because we got to explore the city of London and incorporate class material.

Being here for 4 months has taught me to appreciate culture and diversity. I believe the outcome of this has allowed me to grow as a person.

Something to improve would be the housing. I wish I knew the location and roomate situation earlier. Also it would have been nice if we were provided with exact blankets, pillows, and towels.

It would have also been nice to choose our own class schedule.
Lisa

Study Abroad with FIE

Studying abroad in London through FIE was one of the best college experience for me. I lived in the Manson place which was located in South Kensington. It was within walking distance from class and close by to the tube station. This made things more convenient. I felt safe walking back late at night .

Through FIE, they offered many fun trips. The Wales weekend trip was one of my favorite because it was well planned out and I got to jump off cliffs. How cool is that? I loved the adrenaline rush! The view of the coastline was breathtaking. I highly recommend this trip.

The staffs at FIE are very nice and understanding. They were all very welcoming and are willing to help resolve any problems. If I could do this again, I would!