Summer School Courses in Oxford, England

Applications are now open for Oxford Royale Academy's most popular study option, our two-week Oxford Summer School, for a select group of older students aged 19-25. Whether you are on a Gap Year, at University, or have already embarked on a career, our immersive academic experience would be the ideal way to spend your summer working on your future goals.

Choose to focus on Business, Law, Web Development, Medicine, Politics, Psychology, Public Speaking, or even to further your English. Through a combination of taught lectures, interactive seminars and tutorial time, you will indulge in your chosen subject in greater depth than ever before.

For the duration of your stay in Oxford, you will be resident at Merton College, Oxford’s oldest college, based within walking distance of all the cities libraries, museums and cloisters, offering a quintessentially English environment in which to live, work and socialize.

• Live, study and eat like a true Oxford Student
  • Expert teaching from specialised tutors
  • An exciting cultural and recreational programme to complement your studies.

Megha

Oxford Royale Academy Summer School

I did the 2018 Broadening Horizons Course through Oxford Royale Academy from 1st-14th July, and it was one of the best trips of my life! It was amazing to meet people from all across the world- from different cultures and backgrounds- and to share the experience with the numerous friends I made. The lessons were very interesting and the classroom environment was fun and relaxed. Activities such as punting and watching Mamma Mia in London made this trip unforgettable. Furthermore, the amazing ORA counsellors made this trip ten times as exciting, especially the counsellors at Queen's College. They really took care of us and made us feel right at home. By the end of the two weeks, we were all dreading going back home and wished that the trip could go on forever! I would recommend this trip to anyone who is considering applying- you will definitely not regret it.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Megha,

Thank you very much for your positive review!

We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience with ORA.

Nathalie Rita

A Memorable Adventure at ORA 2018...

An Oxford Royale Academy experience is an once-in-a lifetime, unforgettable and international experience, YES!
Let me tell you why.
All of the courses, the teachers, the truly international students, the afternoon activities (punting, scavenger hunts, quiz nights or even the world cup at my time during summer 2018) were exceptional.
Concerning the courses, the way of teaching using class discussions, group work, even homework, was fascinating and engaging. Nevertheless, I learned, once at Oxford, that courses at ORA aren't all about theoretical work but were also about practice. In both my courses, we did hands-on experiences : iodine clock reaction in Chemistry (which was real fun) and not less than the dissection of a heart in Medical Biology!
I knew most of the things we were going to do at Oxford. But what I didn't know, and couldn't know, was the feeling I was going to get once there: happiness, feeling of achievement and a great will to do more, 2 weeks in a real world of opportunities. But also a little bit of nervousness! Why not ? This is because you want to do good, you want to achieve and frankly everything you do at ORA is rewarding, I myself won the scavenger hunt with my team, got excellent grades (A* in both courses) and even an effort price in Chemistry at graduation. You really do feel great at ORA.
I am far from sugar-coating anything, I would truly recommend ORA experience to anyone who has the chance to do so.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Nathalie,

Thank you very much for your 10/10 rating and excellent review!

We are thrilled that you had an unforgettable experience.

Ning

Great experience in University of Oxford for Summer School

I had an excellent and impressive time in the Queen's college! There were staffs and students from various cultures all around the world, and I really enjoyed being with them. I appreciate all the help I received during the academic courses, social activities and in other time I spent in this lovely place. It was really convenient living in Queen's since it's on the High st., where all kinds of shops and restaurants stands on both sides. Thank you so much for providing me with great experience!

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Ning,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review and rating!

We are delighted that you had such an impressive time, and we hope to see you again soon!

Maria Tereza

Two generations

I chose the Oxford Royale as my sister had attended this program a few years prior. For months, all I heard was how this was this most fulfulling experience she has ever partook in. Learning what you love, making new connections, encountering different cultures, but most importantly, gaining independence. I can atest to all of that. I am forever gratefull for this experience and will forever keep it dear to my heart.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for your positive review!

We are delighted that you , and your sister, had a fantastic experience.

Andrea

An unforgettable experience.

My experience with Oxford Royale Academy (broadening horizons) gave me the opportunity to meet awesome people, make new friends and best friends but also to learn new studying methods. I discovered different points of view and several cultures. I went to St Catherine's college in the city of Oxford which is a wonderful city for students with a lot of history and monuments, and great things to do with friends. I loved the perfect organization and I felt secure with ORA’s system and staff. Everyone (the staff) is happy, cool and friendly. At the end of the summer course, I felt like the two weeks were really short.

Nothing, it is already perfect.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Andrea,

THANK YOU for your 10/10 rating and fantastic review!

We are pleased to hear that you had a memorable and excellent experience this summer.

We'd love to have you back!

Jake

ORA, The best summer experience

ORA was a great experience. Over the summer I met people from all around the world and still am in contact with them months after. The Teachers and Staff were kind but also make sure everybody was safe and happy. I have been to camps with sports and activity, but this combines both learning and sports. It was great and was one of the best experience. I would recommend it to everyone how wants a good time.

It was great. so NOTHING
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Jake,

Thank you for giving us such a fantastic review!

We are glad that you had the best summer experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Maxiane

Best Summer Experience Ever - Oxford Royale Academy

Being able to attend the New Perspectives program with Oxford Royale Academy is the best experience that has happened in my life so far 💯💯. The most satisfactory part of the courses I chose is that I did my best and in the end it paid off.
One thing I was looking forward to, was the social activities that I had seen on the ORA blog and they most definitely did not disappoint (the Friday night party was THE best). 🔥🔥 The absolute best part of this new experience was meeting and making friends from literally all over the world. Meeting new people exposed me to different cultures, ways of thinking, and this enhanced my knowledge of the outside world, but also showed me how big and diverse it really is.
I had read before going to ORA that during the two week stay, that I would most likely make friends for life. However, I did not take that to be true. After the end of the two weeks, I was devastated to leave my new-found friends.
I think ORA is a great program that exposes people to the world in a very good way. It gives people the opportunity to gain knowledge first-hand on the different cultures present and be able to share their culture also. The courses given are practical and very useful, especially if you have not taken the course(s) in school yet.
If you're contemplating participating in Oxford Royale Academy, DO IT! ORA is the G.O.A.T AND IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Maxiane,

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are thrilled that you had an absolutely amazing time and learned a lot.

We hope that you can continue to keep those friendships and that we see you next year!

Justus

Best part of my summer

Although I was privileged to visit Sweden and Spain I the same summer, my stay at the ORA developed into the highlight. Before the course started I had some expectations, which built on other summer school experiences, but ORA was by far the best. For me it would have been enough to have the opportunity talking to people from many different nations. The international atmosphere and the interesting characters I have met will never be forgotten. As well as the community spirit or the fun I have had, just by enjoying board games or playing football. In my opinion this trip was worth every penny. 9/10👍🏼

Timothy

Summer School Courses in Oxford, Cambridge,England

The Oxford Royal Academy Program at St. Catharine's College was one of the best social and academic experiences I have ever had on a summer program trip. I admired the amount of diverse cultured people that came from all around the world. They were extremely friendly and some of the best friends I have ever made. The teachers, staff and counsellors were extremely helpful, fun and friendly. In my Mathematics, Business and Management study courses, I had the same teacher who taught and communicated very well with me and my peers. The activities that the counsellors were truly fun, especially a game called, "Powerball," developed by one of the head counsellors. There are so many favorite memories to choose from, but I especially loved going around Cambridge and hanging out on campus with the new friends I made. I came out of the program with more knowledge on the courses I enrolled for, especially business and management. Most importantly I came out with a wonderful experience and great new friends.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review!

We are delighted that, as a bursary winner for 2018, you enjoyed your experience at Oxford Royale Academy and have a lot of memories.

Best of luck for the future!

Emily

Oxford Royal Academy Review

I thoroughly enjoyed the two weeks I was able to spend at Oxford. The people were amazing including the staff and teachers. The faculty was beautiful and we go to visit some beautiful Oxford sites. I wish we could have had a little bit more free time to go into town by ourselves (with a group of friends) as I was only able to do that once for half a day. The food provided in the cafeteria was very delicious and I loved the fact that we had so many choices of food. To improve the medicine course we could maybe have a visit to a hospital or some kind of physical work experience just to see what will be expected of us once we enter the field of medicine if we choose to do so.

I stayed at Lady Margaret Hall and we were not allowed to go into town very often ( only one afternoon in the two weeks). It would have been a lot more fun had we been able to explore Oxford by ourselves a bit more.
Yasmine

New perspectives program

I joined this program because I wanted to learn new thing, and I learned so much. I was very nervous the first day but I quickly learned that everyone there is very welcoming.being there taught me that meeting new people can lead to long friendships and that taking risks is okay. It helped me learn what I was interested in and it will benefit me a lot in the future.i think that anyone who isnt certain about what they are interested in academically should consider going.you will also learn a lot about other cultures from the many people around the world

The only thing I Hooghly could be improved were the dorms. They were very small and had no AC which made it hard to sleep at night.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Yasmine,

Thank you very much for your great review and feedback!

As you experienced, the UK had one of it's hottest summers this year, which was a challenge for everyone, but we take on board your feedback for future sessions should we get a heatwave again.

We are pleased that you learned a lot and made new friends!

We hope to see you again soon!

Keeley

Most amazing 2 weeks of my life!

ORA 2018 was one of the most incredible 2 weeks of my life!
Not only were the lessons constantly challenging and exciting but there were so many opportunities to explore Oxford.
The extracurrcular opportunities like punting and the CSI activity were so engaging and provided one of the most unique and cool experience of Oxford I could have ever wanted.
The life skills and experience from simply being there have set me up well for my final years of school and into university.

More opportunities for structured trips like punting.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Keeley,

Thank you very much for your positive review!

We are thrilled that you had a challenging yet enjoyable time with us.

We hope to see you again next year!

Vasavie

My Review

In general, attending Oxford Royale Academy was an interesting, eye-opening, and happening experience. I learned lots, met unforgettable people, understood new cultures, and enjoyed myself. There were also a few problems; heat and disorganization were a key part of these issues. Although these problems were there, I do believe they were very small and that the great parts of the program outweighed them.

By understanding people's comforts and knowing their limits.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Vasavie,

Thank you very much for your good feedback and positive review.

We are pleased that you had an eye-opening experience!

Theresa

Great experience

I took the 2-week- English Advanced course in Balliol and it was just great. The lessons were interesting and really interactive and all the people there- Staff members and students- were kind and helpful. The time went by too short. There were many activities from which you could choose the ones you like to take place in. Some of them were compulsory, nur that was only 2-3 in a week. A Problem for peole under 18 is that they are not allowed to leave the campus alone. Also I think, it would be really good to have Access to free war er.

Less compulsory activities.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Theresa,

Thank you very much for providing us with this great review and feedback!

We are pleased that you had a great experience.

All the best for the future!

Parnika

The best summer I’ve ever had

Before I went to Oxford for the summer courses I did not have a clear vision for what I wanted to pursue or what I was interested in. However, after my time there I realised what I am most passionate about. My experience there was truly memorable and a lot of fun. I’m going to miss every aspect of my time there (my multiple attempts at punting, the wonderful food and the gorgeous campus) and I am very glad that I had the opportunity to experience so much, have so much fun doing it and make so many wonderful friends. Thank you for everything.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Parnika,

Thank you very much for your glowing review, we are delighted to hear that you realised what your passions are following the summer school.

We wish you all the very best for the future and we would love to see you back again!

About Oxford Royale Academy

Founded in 2004, Oxford Royale Academy is an award- winning provider of residential summer courses, headquartered in the ancient university city of Oxford. We are committed to providing academic excellence and superlative teaching standards to...