Summer School Courses in Oxford, England

Applications are now open for Oxford Royale Academy's most popular study option, our two-week Oxford Summer School, for a select group of older students aged 19-25. Whether you are on a Gap Year, at University, or have already embarked on a career, our immersive academic experience would be the ideal way to spend your summer working on your future goals.

Choose to focus on Business, Law, Web Development, Medicine, Politics, Psychology, Public Speaking, or even to further your English. Through a combination of taught lectures, interactive seminars and tutorial time, you will indulge in your chosen subject in greater depth than ever before.

For the duration of your stay in Oxford, you will be resident at Merton College, Oxford’s oldest college, based within walking distance of all the cities libraries, museums and cloisters, offering a quintessentially English environment in which to live, work and socialize.

• Live, study and eat like a true Oxford Student
  • Expert teaching from specialised tutors
  • An exciting cultural and recreational programme to complement your studies.

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Jake

ORA, The best summer experience

ORA was a great experience. Over the summer I met people from all around the world and still am in contact with them months after. The Teachers and Staff were kind but also make sure everybody was safe and happy. I have been to camps with sports and activity, but this combines both learning and sports. It was great and was one of the best experience. I would recommend it to everyone how wants a good time.

It was great. so NOTHING
Maxiane

Best Summer Experience Ever - Oxford Royale Academy

Being able to attend the New Perspectives program with Oxford Royale Academy is the best experience that has happened in my life so far 💯💯. The most satisfactory part of the courses I chose is that I did my best and in the end it paid off.
One thing I was looking forward to, was the social activities that I had seen on the ORA blog and they most definitely did not disappoint (the Friday night party was THE best). 🔥🔥 The absolute best part of this new experience was meeting and making friends from literally all over the world. Meeting new people exposed me to different cultures, ways of thinking, and this enhanced my knowledge of the outside world, but also showed me how big and diverse it really is.
I had read before going to ORA that during the two week stay, that I would most likely make friends for life. However, I did not take that to be true. After the end of the two weeks, I was devastated to leave my new-found friends.
I think ORA is a great program that exposes people to the world in a very good way. It gives people the opportunity to gain knowledge first-hand on the different cultures present and be able to share their culture also. The courses given are practical and very useful, especially if you have not taken the course(s) in school yet.
If you're contemplating participating in Oxford Royale Academy, DO IT! ORA is the G.O.A.T AND IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Maxiane,

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are thrilled that you had an absolutely amazing time and learned a lot.

We hope that you can continue to keep those friendships and that we see you next year!

Justus

Best part of my summer

Although I was privileged to visit Sweden and Spain I the same summer, my stay at the ORA developed into the highlight. Before the course started I had some expectations, which built on other summer school experiences, but ORA was by far the best. For me it would have been enough to have the opportunity talking to people from many different nations. The international atmosphere and the interesting characters I have met will never be forgotten. As well as the community spirit or the fun I have had, just by enjoying board games or playing football. In my opinion this trip was worth every penny. 9/10👍🏼

Timothy

Summer School Courses in Oxford, Cambridge,England

The Oxford Royal Academy Program at St. Catharine's College was one of the best social and academic experiences I have ever had on a summer program trip. I admired the amount of diverse cultured people that came from all around the world. They were extremely friendly and some of the best friends I have ever made. The teachers, staff and counsellors were extremely helpful, fun and friendly. In my Mathematics, Business and Management study courses, I had the same teacher who taught and communicated very well with me and my peers. The activities that the counsellors were truly fun, especially a game called, "Powerball," developed by one of the head counsellors. There are so many favorite memories to choose from, but I especially loved going around Cambridge and hanging out on campus with the new friends I made. I came out of the program with more knowledge on the courses I enrolled for, especially business and management. Most importantly I came out with a wonderful experience and great new friends.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review!

We are delighted that, as a bursary winner for 2018, you enjoyed your experience at Oxford Royale Academy and have a lot of memories.

Best of luck for the future!

Emily

Oxford Royal Academy Review

I thoroughly enjoyed the two weeks I was able to spend at Oxford. The people were amazing including the staff and teachers. The faculty was beautiful and we go to visit some beautiful Oxford sites. I wish we could have had a little bit more free time to go into town by ourselves (with a group of friends) as I was only able to do that once for half a day. The food provided in the cafeteria was very delicious and I loved the fact that we had so many choices of food. To improve the medicine course we could maybe have a visit to a hospital or some kind of physical work experience just to see what will be expected of us once we enter the field of medicine if we choose to do so.

I stayed at Lady Margaret Hall and we were not allowed to go into town very often ( only one afternoon in the two weeks). It would have been a lot more fun had we been able to explore Oxford by ourselves a bit more.
Yasmine

New perspectives program

I joined this program because I wanted to learn new thing, and I learned so much. I was very nervous the first day but I quickly learned that everyone there is very welcoming.being there taught me that meeting new people can lead to long friendships and that taking risks is okay. It helped me learn what I was interested in and it will benefit me a lot in the future.i think that anyone who isnt certain about what they are interested in academically should consider going.you will also learn a lot about other cultures from the many people around the world

The only thing I Hooghly could be improved were the dorms. They were very small and had no AC which made it hard to sleep at night.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Yasmine,

Thank you very much for your great review and feedback!

As you experienced, the UK had one of it's hottest summers this year, which was a challenge for everyone, but we take on board your feedback for future sessions should we get a heatwave again.

We are pleased that you learned a lot and made new friends!

Keeley

Most amazing 2 weeks of my life!

ORA 2018 was one of the most incredible 2 weeks of my life!
Not only were the lessons constantly challenging and exciting but there were so many opportunities to explore Oxford.
The extracurrcular opportunities like punting and the CSI activity were so engaging and provided one of the most unique and cool experience of Oxford I could have ever wanted.
The life skills and experience from simply being there have set me up well for my final years of school and into university.

More opportunities for structured trips like punting.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Keeley,

Thank you very much for your positive review!

We are thrilled that you had a challenging yet enjoyable time with us.

We hope to see you again next year!

Vasavie

My Review

In general, attending Oxford Royale Academy was an interesting, eye-opening, and happening experience. I learned lots, met unforgettable people, understood new cultures, and enjoyed myself. There were also a few problems; heat and disorganization were a key part of these issues. Although these problems were there, I do believe they were very small and that the great parts of the program outweighed them.

By understanding people's comforts and knowing their limits.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Vasavie,

Thank you very much for your good feedback and positive review.

We are pleased that you had an eye-opening experience!

Theresa

Great experience

I took the 2-week- English Advanced course in Balliol and it was just great. The lessons were interesting and really interactive and all the people there- Staff members and students- were kind and helpful. The time went by too short. There were many activities from which you could choose the ones you like to take place in. Some of them were compulsory, nur that was only 2-3 in a week. A Problem for peole under 18 is that they are not allowed to leave the campus alone. Also I think, it would be really good to have Access to free war er.

Less compulsory activities.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Theresa,

Thank you very much for providing us with this great review and feedback!

We are pleased that you had a great experience.

All the best for the future!

Parnika

The best summer I’ve ever had

Before I went to Oxford for the summer courses I did not have a clear vision for what I wanted to pursue or what I was interested in. However, after my time there I realised what I am most passionate about. My experience there was truly memorable and a lot of fun. I’m going to miss every aspect of my time there (my multiple attempts at punting, the wonderful food and the gorgeous campus) and I am very glad that I had the opportunity to experience so much, have so much fun doing it and make so many wonderful friends. Thank you for everything.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Parnika,

Thank you very much for your glowing review, we are delighted to hear that you realised what your passions are following the summer school.

We wish you all the very best for the future and we would love to see you back again!

Austin

Impressive indeed

I am very happy to practice English culture in Oxford, the combination of modern and traditional world. It seems your IQ increases in one of the best universities in the world. The weather was very very cool, much more comfortable in Beijing. It is actually my first time to speak English with peers who speak, for example, Spanish or French or even English. It is very hard for me to perform well in this first time, but I think it is a big progress. I enjoyed doing presentations confidently to students all over the world (hopefully they appreciate my idea and learn something from my presentation, though it will not be possible to remember me -_-). By the way, I do not recommend the followers to choose to go to St. Catherine college, simply because there are few restaurants near St. Catherine college. I need to go 20 minutes to go into the town and have food. In short, this experience broadened my horizon and I gain experience in life skills and communication skills.

The classroom could be bigger?...
The projector could be better?...
I am an AP student, I think some of the standards could be revised, though I know that this program is based on Alevel program. Anyway I, an AP student, sometimes do not understand the scoring standard.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Austin,

Thank you very much for your great review and feedback.

We love that you had a great time improving your English and we hope you continue to broaden your horizons in the future.

Milda

My experience in Oxford

My experience in Oxford was great! I've met a lot of new, great people, found a lot of friends and also, learned a lot of interesting things...
I had so much fun! Even three months later I can't stop talking about all about what happened there.
We walked around the wonderful Oxford's city, while also getting tons of souvenirs for our family and friends.
I loved the little trips on the bus! We visited the Windsor castle, a really big zoo and a lot more!
I have so many great memories from there! I'll never forget Oxford. There will always be a place in my heart for it.
Thank you, for this great opportunity! I will definitely come back there next year...

Maybe the rooms could be a little bigger, but I don't think it's really necessary...
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Milda,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review!

We are delighted that you had a great experience and lots of nice memories.

Oriana

Best Summer Ever

After having participated in the ORA broadening horizons course for two weeks this summer, I can hands down say this has been the best summer of my life. Not only was it fun and exciting but also educational and informative.
It was almost like being in an alternate universe. It was a time and place where everyone disconnected from their problems and issues at home and became enveloped in this wonderful experience. I made friends from all over the world and to this day, about two months later I still am in contact with them.
All famous staff is extremely friendly and welcoming and spend their time ensuring that everyone is having a good time and enjoying themselves.
Classes were very interesting, I can honestly say I've learnt a lot and teachers take the time to explain their lessons but also make them upbeat and maintain us students interested.
I would 100% recommend this to anyone that wants to have the opportunity to expand their knowledge from both a cultural and academic perspective.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Oriana,

Thank you very much for your excellent review!

It is great to read that you had the best summer of your life and learned a lot.

We hope to see you again next year!

Giulia

New, challenging and a memory for a lifetime

I travelled a lot in my life, I went to summer schools and met so many people from different countries but, I could have never imagined that my experience in Oxford would have been this good. I made frienships that I know will last for a lifetime, they all became my second family and I'm really greatful for that. I learned so many things about university life and the topic I want to study, and I'm now feeling confident with my decisions and ready to start this new adventure in college. I start my day thinking about how much I want to go back to those moments with the Oxford Royale Academy, however I'm ready for what the future will bring me and I can't wait to meet my friends again next summer. Thank you ORA for making my summer the best I could possibly ever have.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Giulia,

Thank you very much for your 10/10 rating and excellent review!

We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us.

Good luck for the future!

Maya

Two weeks in St Peter’s College

The experience that Oxford Royale provided me with was one of the most memorable. I interacted and made friends with a diverse bunch of students with similar interests to my own. It gave me the opportunity to work toward an subject that I might choose to further and come back after the two weeks as a more independent individual. The classes were enthralling and creatively taught. A series of techniques and concepts were taught. I was pushed to work harder but have come back a more responsible and diligent person. It was the first time that I was not ‘coddled’ and truly given a chance to take care of myself. All the counsellors were approachable at all points of time. We were taken on a series of excursions but given a chance to also explore Oxford on our own and Get a taste of college life. For somebody that has had very bad experiences at courses in the past, this has truly changed my entire perspective. It’s helped me not on explore my chosen field and make lifelong friends, but also gain confidence and greatly contributed to my character. It gave me the chance to truly understand the responsibilities that are inherent with independence and opportunity. This was truly the best two weeks of my entire life.

The programme could be extended and a more in detail analysis of the subjects on the website would prepare one for what the summer would entail. More interactions with students from the other colleges will allow each person to step out of their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Maya,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, and for your excellent review!

We are pleased that you had a fantastic time and better than your previous experiences .

About Oxford Royale Academy

Founded in 2004, Oxford Royale Academy is an award- winning provider of residential summer courses, headquartered in the ancient university city of Oxford. We are committed to providing academic excellence and superlative teaching standards to...