theMSAG Medical Summer School Program 2020 | 13 - 15 yo | 16 - 19 yo | Graduates

the-msag-summer-school-3
the-msag-summer-school-3
the-msag-summer-school-2
the-msag-summer-school-2
the-msag-summer-school-1
the-msag-summer-school-1

For students who dream to be tomorrow's doctors, theMSAG’s Medical Summer Program is where you need to head this summer!

Over the two weeks, learn in a safe, inspiring location of the Oratory School (famous UK boarding school) with trained qualified doctors on-site to help you discover more about the world of Medicine. Whether it is to explore which career path you want to take in the healthcare sciences, discover the breadth of medical and surgical specialities available or to get a head start in your application, we have the program that suits you.

You can choose from the following options:
> 2-weeks Medicine, Surgery & healthcare Discovery School 13-15 yrs old
> 2-weeks Medicine, Surgery & healthcare Discovery School 16-19 yrs old
> 2-weeks Medicine Preparation Summer School for 16-19 years old
> 2-weeks Medicine Preparation Summer School for Graduate applicants

• Clinical skills - Before you even submit your medical school application, we’ll give you an idea of what it’s REALLY like to be a medical school student or doctor and practice your newly learned skills on real patients.
  • Social and cultural experiences every day - with state-of-the-art sporting facilities, a trip to the Body Worlds exhibit and expeditions to Oxford and London, your unique adventure starts here!
  • Mentoring - Opportunities to work one to one with Dr Dibah Jiva, leading expert in UK Medical School applications
  • Med school preparation - Start preparing for the UCAT/BMAT; write your personal statement; get in the hot seat for interview practice
  • Team Research Project - a great opportunity to learn more about research, improve your public speaking skills and bolster your CV

Last month to register: theMSAG Medical Summer School 22nd July - 3rd August

Deadline for registration: 31st May 2019

Our two week Medicine Summer School provides both practical experiences and the skills you need to help prepare for your future life as a doctor. You’ll make friends who share similar interests and career objectives, boost your confidence, and gain valuable and incredibly unique hands-on experience prior to university or college life.

Mazin

theMSAG Summer School

When I first started my journey into medicine, I really had no clue what I was doing. Admissions seemed daunting and I felt like I was walking in blind. So when I first heard of the MSAG program, I was excited that there was something out there that could nudge me in the right direction.

I'm glad to say, the MSAG didn't just nudge me, it set me straight and with the help of the wonderful people who work there, I was able to not only better understand the complicated admissions processes and work on strengthening my application, but I was able to gain a better comprehension of what it means to be a doctor. I got to first hand learn how doctors approach cases and really appreciate just how much work goes into it, from an actual doctor.

The tutorials we received on interview technique, on diagnoses and triage, on ethics and logistics all played integral roles in my medical applications. Personally, I found the tips we got for personal statements to be a life saver.

Fun was the last thing I expected to find on a medical prep course, but there was that in spades as well! The practical skills we learned like suturing were really enjoyable and the group activities were always a laugh. It's quite nice working alongside other young, like-minded, motivated individuals and it helped me see admissions as less something to dread, but more as a another challenge, ready to be overcome. The MSAG helped give me the tools to overcome this challenge and I'm very glad that I was fortunate enough to attend.

Reshma

theMSAG Summer School

I thoroughly recommend theMSAG Summer School to anyone looking toward a medical career.
I had a fantastic time and learned a variety of clinical skills during the first few days such as carrying out patient assessments, using a stethoscope to examine lung sounds and looking at spirometry in the Respiratory Clinic. We also learnt how to assess blood pressure manually, which is much more difficult than it may seem. Throughout, we were given loads of tips and tricks that helped with my application and that definitely made me a much stronger candidate for a place at university. I found the support network to be great, I felt comfortable asking questions and those teaching on the course were clearly extremely knowledgable about the entire process.
I found theMSAG Summer School to be very useful in thinking about actually applying for a medical career, we were given guidance on work experience placements, course structures and personal statements through a series of fun workshops. As well as this, being taught and looked after by medical professionals we were able to gain more insight into the life of a doctor and we were actually taught basic suturing techniques, which was great.
Overall, I had a incredible experience with theMSAG and would urge anyone thinking about medicine to take part. As well as learning new and very useful clinical skills, I found out so much helpful information about the admissions process and things like UCAT and BMAT that I wasn't told about at school. I met some great people, explored the city and made plenty of friends along the way.

Location:
Gatwick
( LGQ )
London Stansted
( STN )

London, although typically regarded for its architecture and city lifestyle, is made up of 40% public green space in the form of incredibly lush parks. London has created an environment where you can spend the day enjoying city life and then escape to Primrose hill, the Thames, or a walk by the canals.

About The Medical School Application Guide

The Medical School Summer School is led by Doctors Zhang, Mandavia and Jiva - or Fei, Ash and Dibah, respectively. These three, plus the rest of the theMSAG team, have vast expertise about all UK medical schools - considering they quite literally...