• England
    • London
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring
Astronomy Business Hispanic Studies History International Relations Literature Mathematics Medicine Psychology Wildlife Sciences

Program Details

Apartment Dormitory

Pricing

$23,600 USD
See website for details. Scholarships available!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Activities Airfare Meals SIM cards Transportation Visa
Jun 03, 2021
Aug 27, 2018

Excellence in research, teaching, and learning

This unique institution blends a traditional campus with green space and the bustling international and cultural vibe of London's East End. A highly inclusive university with an international flavor, it’s great for students wanting to take courses across various disciplines and boasts a compact, friendly campus, As a Russell Group institution, Queen Mary offers excellence in research, teaching, and learning, with unparalleled links to business and the public sector. This program also offers an internship or research option through Arcadia’s London Center.

Students choose from strong offerings in business, history, politics, theater, engineering, economics, film studies and English. Queen Mary also offers a flexible structure to meet your academic and personal needs.

Program Highlights

• Arcadia excursions enhance cultural immersion and provide meaningful context
  • A highly inclusive university with an international flavor, it’s great for students wanting to take courses across various disciplines and boasts a compact, friendly campus
  • Queen Mary offers excellence in research, teaching, and learning, with unparalleled links to business and the public sector
  • Blends a traditional campus with green space and the bustling international and cultural vibe of London's East End
  • This program also offers an internship or research option through Arcadia’s London Center

• 7-8 rating 66.67%
  • 3-4 rating 33.33%
Meghan

Travel, travel & more travel

London is the perfect city to go to if you are looking for a home base from which you can explore all of Europe. I traveled to 17 countries in 5 months and loved every second of it. Arcadia also has a great support system in helping everything from the application process until you are ready to leave your program. In addition, Arcadia encourages you to acquaint yourself with the city you chose and thus holds a lot of free events.

This program could be improved by educating applicants on what the East End of London is like because I was a little surprised.
R
No, I don't recommend this program

Queen Mary Review

I was very happy with Arcadia but my time at Queen Mary felt unsuccessful. The staff in the Global Opportunities office were very kind, friendly and easy to talk to. I felt as though there was no connections between students and professors, which is very different from my home institution. Meeting once a week for class made that connection harder to achieve. In addition, I feel as though the staff let me down with the strike and their lack of teaching. I wanted to study abroad to learn about and immerse myself in the London academic culture and I was unable to do that this term. The location of some of my courses were not on the campus where I was living and I was unaware that I would have to travel to a different location. Lastly, I felt as though the housing accommodations were not appropriate. There were a lot of issues with cleanliness of the common spaces and the age difference between us showed that the maturity level is different. We had a lot of issues when it people would be coming over at 3am screaming on a weekday. Also, The facilities staff was unresponsive to when something broke in my roommate's room when she called a few times. I enjoyed my time more abroad and traveling than the study part. I wanted to have a mutual balance between the two.

I believe that this program could be improved by adding more class time during the week for a shorter amount of time. By seeing the professors more, it will allow a connection to be more easily formed. In addition, There should be housing for study abroad students on campus to match people together of the same age. If changes like this were to happen to create a better environment for the students, I would then be more likely to recommend this program. I would recommend Arcadia as a program, not Queen Mary as of now unfortunately.

https://www.facebook.com/1552064170/videos/10215643563352768/?id=1552064170 Here is the link to a video that I made while studying abroad in London for the Spring 2018 term. I was unable to put it in the video embed section. I think if you copy and paste this link it should work. Feel free to use it to promote studying abroad. Just let me know if you do so I can show other people to hopefully get them to go abroad!
Kate

Take advantage of all opportunities given

My experience overall was lots of fun and exciting. I enjoyed Queen Mary University and thought that the classes were not any more difficult than my university in the States and that the assessments were fair. One of the reasons I chose this university over the actual Arcadia campus in London was to be more immersed with and be able to meet more local students rather than just being with Americans and associate students. I was able to meet many local students, mostly through my living arrangement and the clubs I joined. It was lots of fun to meet them because I was able to learn more about British culture firsthand. However, I wish I did meet more associate students because the local students do not want to travel around the country every weekend like we do (since we are leaving in a few months). Therefore, if I were to do it again, I would have participated more in the associate student orientation activities at Queen Mary to be able to have met more associate students, and then would have had a better balance of British and associate student friends.
The opportunities given to me were great - from Arcadia trips and events to activities for associate students at Queen Mary, and I wish I had taken advantage of them better to have been more involved.

This program was perfect. Arcadia was very organized and had ample amounts of trips, excursions, and opportunities to get involved with the community and other people. The orientation gave lots of great and helpful information and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The check-ins throughout the semester were necessary and I would definitely recommend an Arcadia trip to anyone!