View Other Details
A prestigious university in a well-preserved medieval city
Founded in 1963, the University of York is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, and is dedicated to academic excellence, with strengths in research and teaching and learning. The university is ranked in the top 40 worldwide for Arts and Humanities and in the top 100 for Social Science.
Today’s University of York is home to 18,000 students, from 150 countries. The structure of the university focuses on small group work and priorities around outstanding research toward solving global problems. York is truly an international research university, with research collaborations around the globe.
Academics are highly focused, with some courses comprising an entire courseload, while other departments allow you to take up to four courses. This is a great program for students with a strong academic focus in a particular area, as the course structure allows for intensive study.
- Arcadia excursions enhance cultural immersion and provide meaningful context
- The campus is several miles from the city center and features modern architecture and a friendly, welcoming student vibe.
- York is an incredibly well preserved medieval city, and its Roman walls, narrow lanes, and breathtaking Gothic stained-glass windows will captivate you with their historical resonance and sense of cultural continuity.
- The city of York is located halfway between London and Edinburgh and has a year-round calendar of exciting events, among them a Viking Festival and a Science Week.
- The Students’ Union sponsors student clubs and societies and events, and you’ll never run out of things to do. Campus life is centered around the College system, so you’ll live, and socialize in purpose-built Colleges.