London offers nearly endless cultural activities for students committed to finding them. Your BCA London Resident Director will help you to find these opportunities and make sure that after your first few days you feel comfortable seeking out new experiences on your own. In addition, your RD will take you outside of London so you can see other parts of England.
There are approximately 10,000 students at the University of Roehampton, and international students from over 140 countries make up 10 percent of the student body creating a diverse and exciting learning environment. The university is especially strong in media and creative studies, education, business and psychology, but also offers courses in a variety of other subjects, making it an ideal location for you to fulfil major or general education requirements. In addition, you can take special London Studies courses which are specifically designed for study abroad students and include field trips in the city.
- Break through the London tourist clichés by studying abroad in the more residential area of southwest London. Learn to live like a local and become an expert on the real London.
- Challenge yourself to grow outside of the classroom and earn the University of Roehampton’s Provost’s Global Award through a commitment to progress in five areas: academia, community, employability, intercultural awareness and social skills.
- Connect to the Growhampton Project, a sustainability program organized by the Roehampton Students' Union and dedicated to embedding sustainability in the everyday lives of students and staff on campus and beyond.
- Learn about different areas and perspectives of London through BCA organized activities including a walking tour with Unseen Tours, an organization that works with homeless, ex-homeless and vulnerably housed Londoners.
- Explore other parts of England with the BCA Resident Director! Past locations have included Cheltenham, known for its Regency architecture; Oxford, one of the world’s most famous university cities; or Bourton-on-the-Water, a picturesque Cotswold village.