Study Environmental Science Abroad at the University of Brighton

Study Environmental Science Abroad at the University of Brighton

Brighton is an exciting, diverse city with a rich cultural history. Its close proximity to London and good travel links to Europe make it easily accessible. Brighton is renowned for its creative, forward thinking outlook – café culture, arts festivals and numerous theatre/music venues make it a great place to be a student. The University is multi-site with campuses stretched out between the city-centre, the South Downs National Park and along the South Coast. Within a thriving academic community of over 20,000 students the University of Brighton hosts students from over 150 different countries and offer modules across a wide range of academic fields. For those wishing to take classes within the popular field of Environmental Science - the Global Earth System, Sustainable Development and the Ocean Planet are amongst those on offer.

Our team, Mary, Becca and Zoe are on hand to help make your study abroad experience the best of your lifetime.

Europe » England » Brighton
Age Requirement
Language Requirement

Evan
Manchester
University of Maine- Orono (main campus)

Studying at Brighton

Choosing to study abroad in Brighton was one of the best decisions of my college career! For an ecology student who goes to school in the middle of the woods like I do, the easy access to the beautiful scenery and landscapes of the South Downs and the English coast was very enjoyable. The fact that Brighton is one of the most interesting and friendly cities around made it even better. The people in Brighton are very friendly and accepting and there is a vast array of things to do and experience, no matter what your interests are. There's such a diversity of culture and people that anyone would feel at home there. The professors at the university are very knowledgeable and the study abroad staff are wonderful and help make it a great time! One of my best experiences was attending my first proper English football game, even though I've never been much of a soccer fan, at the stadium which is basically on campus. Seeing and being a part of the intense passion and excitement of the supporters made for a great time (even if the match ended 0-0). Brighton's location only a short train ride from London and Gatwick Airport also makes travel to other countries really easy. I'll always cherish the memories and friends I made during my time studying in Brighton!

One area where the program could be improved was on the initial arrival to the University. Once we'd checked in to the residence hall, we were on our own for a couple of days until the orientation. A little information or guidance on things like how to take the bus and where to get food would be helpful upon arriving in an unfamiliar place.

Jason
Las Vegas
University of Nevada Reno

My Experience in Brighton

Spending a semester in Brighton was one of the best things that I could have done because of all of the growing up that I did. It is an amazing place to live and helps to really manifest one's independence without being too overwhelming. The people there were also surprisingly welcoming and helpful, which is contrary to the stereotype perpetuated back in the US. I made friends I'll have for a lifetime and make memories that I won't ever forget.

You should have the option to pick your courses before getting there. That way we have plenty of time to truly decided what classes we want to take and what would be best for us. Instead of deciding on that in an afternoon upon arrival.

The University of Brighton is a community of over 21,000 students and 2,600 staff based on five campuses in Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings.

Our Study Abroad Programme offers international students the opportunity to enroll in a variety of courses across the different schools for a