CIEE Summer Language and Culture in Toulouse, France

CIEE Summer Language and Culture in Toulouse, France

The new CIEE Language and Culture Short-Term Program in Toulouse offers you the opportunity to take French language courses, as well as courses in art, history, culture, communication, and political science in a student-friendly city that has recently been voted as the best city to study abroad in France, according to an annual ranking published in September 2015. A robust co-curricular program includes an overnight excursion, field trips, and various cultural activities. Through these experiences, you will become members of the vibrant Toulouse community and will learn firsthand about French culture, art, and history.

Europe » France » Toulouse
Europe » France
Art History
Communications
Cultural Studies
European Studies
Health Sciences
We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience when you study abroad with CIEE, which is why we offer the most inclusions in our fees.

-Tuition and housing
-Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
-Full-time program leadership and support
-Field trips and cultural activities
-CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits

emma
Chicago, IL
University of Michigan

Best Month of My Life!

I got everything I wanted out of this program. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful, and always made sure we felt safe and comfortable. My homestay was amazing and they really made me feel welcomed. Toulouse is an incredible town and I got firsthand experience living as a French person. In addition, the classes were thorough and engaging. We had frequent excursions that helped us get closer as a group and I made lifelong friends.

More take home work so that classes can be valid at University.

Kristen

A Great Experience

From day one, I felt welcomed and prepared to dive into French Culture. Though the language barrier was a challenge as I spoke little French upon arrival, the support from the CIEE staff as well as from my classmates, made me feel comfortable. Within a week and a half of being in France and living with a French family, my French improved dramatically.

CIEE staff in Toulouse is extremely well organized and they care for their students and they show that as they help each student get what they want out of their experience. Whether you need help finding your way to the best pastry shop or you need help planning a weekend get away, they are happy to help. Additionally, CIEE Toulouse plans events for the students to get to know French culture in different ways throughout the week. One of my favorite activies was touring a shop where cheese is made and then having a wine and cheese tasting. These activities are both fun and educational which makes for a great reason to write back home!

After this experience I am excited to learn even more about French culture, I have been encouraged to continue my education to fluency in the French language and I have more confidence to go and explore other cultures in this unique way.

If there was a little more immersion, that might help increased fluency of students, but it is also important to rest.

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world