CIEE Liberal Arts in Rennes, France

CIEE Study Program in Rennes, France
CIEE Study Program in Rennes, France
Study Abroad in Rennes, France
Study Abroad in Rennes, France

Combine your intermediate to advanced French language skills with the medieval flavor, idyllic setting, and rich culture of the capital of Brittany. Dive into university life with a combination of language and content courses taught in French at CIEE Rennes and our partner school, Université Rennes II. The Centre International Rennais d’Etude du Francais pour Etrangers (CIREFE) at Université Rennes II specializes in teaching French language and content courses to international students. Students can also earn credits teaching English as a foreign language in Rennes’ primary, middle, or high schools. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• Explore Paris during a two-day orientation before you set out for Rennes.
  • Immerse yourself in French life by enrolling in a French university and living with a host family.
  • Get to know young french students as you earn credit and experience teaching at a Rennes school.

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

Learn more >

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Jonathan

An experiential education

I chose this program because I wanted to improve my French. In that regard, this program was superb. High-quality classes led by understanding professors combined with the everyday practice with my host family made for a truly immersive French experience. The CIEE staff were extremely encouraging as well, and unfailingly patient with my errors. But the program offered so much else besides. Rather than listing them all, I'll name just my favorite. The home stay was simply amazing. I was welcomed into a family and made a part of their community, and as a result, my stay in French moved from the educational to the relational. I expected to learn a language; I did not expect to make what I think will be life-long friends. So if you are looking for a quality education and a welcoming community, this program is for you.

I do think a little help with logistics in getting to Paris at the end of the program could be helpful, especially as students are concerned with tests, papers, and good-by's
Vanesa
Vanesa

Rennes

I loved the Rennes Program through CIEE. It was one of the most wonderful experiences I've had. The program was wonderful and I definitely improved my speaking, reading, and comprehension of the French Language. I was a part of home-stay and I loved my host parents they were very involved from taking me around town to some of their own events or even just helping me with my homework. I truly felt that I was a part of the family. In terms the the University Rennes 2 campus I was able to meet people from all over the world and learn so much from them and their own time here like where to go to eat or out dancing. I do recommend volunteering at the Franco-American Institute because it was a valuable way of meeting members of the city and you get to help them with their English. Overall I loved the program and the professors and the staff were very helpful and understanding. It was an unforgettable semester.

Maybe have a bus at the end of the program for students who leave right after the end to make it easier to get to the airport
Heather

Fantastic Opportunity

I loved living in Rennes and studying abroad with CIEE. The University of Rennes 2 provided a variety of interesting classes with students from all around the world. CIEE was a wonderful program to study with. They provided a huge amount of support and made being abroad fun instead of a scary experience. They also provided excursions throughout the semester so we could explore different cities and customs of France. The other draw for this program, that I found, is being able to live with a host family. This opportunity really helps you improve your understanding of the French language and introduces you to a new look into French culture.