CIEE Liberal Arts in Rennes, France

Spend a semester or year improving your French language skills and understanding of Francophone culture in Rennes, the charming Capital of Brittany. Through intensive coursework, homestays, direct enrolment options, and cultural activities, you’ll enjoy a dynamic, unique intercultural experience.

Study abroad in Rennes and you will:

- Gain a deeper understanding of the French people and fluency in the French language

- Enjoy direct enrolment opportunities and for-credit teaching internships in a local primary, middle, or high school

- Explore Paris during a three-day orientation prior to arrival in Rennes

- Live with a French family and immerse yourself in the culture

- Visit museums and theaters, and take excursions to sites such as the southwestern coast of Brittany, beaches of Normandy, Mont Saint-Michel, and castles of the Loire Valley

Vanesa
Vanesa

Rennes

I loved the Rennes Program through CIEE. It was one of the most wonderful experiences I've had. The program was wonderful and I definitely improved my speaking, reading, and comprehension of the French Language. I was a part of home-stay and I loved my host parents they were very involved from taking me around town to some of their own events or even just helping me with my homework. I truly felt that I was a part of the family. In terms the the University Rennes 2 campus I was able to meet people from all over the world and learn so much from them and their own time here like where to go to eat or out dancing. I do recommend volunteering at the Franco-American Institute because it was a valuable way of meeting members of the city and you get to help them with their English. Overall I loved the program and the professors and the staff were very helpful and understanding. It was an unforgettable semester.

Maybe have a bus at the end of the program for students who leave right after the end to make it easier to get to the airport
Heather

Fantastic Opportunity

I loved living in Rennes and studying abroad with CIEE. The University of Rennes 2 provided a variety of interesting classes with students from all around the world. CIEE was a wonderful program to study with. They provided a huge amount of support and made being abroad fun instead of a scary experience. They also provided excursions throughout the semester so we could explore different cities and customs of France. The other draw for this program, that I found, is being able to live with a host family. This opportunity really helps you improve your understanding of the French language and introduces you to a new look into French culture.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...