CIEE French and Critical Studies in Paris, France

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CIEE.

Eiffel Tower on New Years Eve
Eiffel Tower on New Years Eve
The Louvre, Paris, France
The Louvre, Paris, France

The promise of beauty, glamour, luxury, and taste—countless artists and scholars have been allured and inspired by Paris. And now it’s your turn.

Study abroad in Paris and you’ll achieve substantial, measurable improvement in your French language skills and as well as a clear understanding of the political, social, and cultural complexity that characterizes contemporary France. A unique two-track program offers quality academic content for both low-intermediate and high-intermediate students, meaning in Paris, there’s a program to fit your particular interests and abilities.

Study abroad in Paris and you will:

- Improve your French and discover Paris and contemporary French society in a program designed for the intermediate student

- Choose from a two-track program with a broad range of quality CIEE content courses in French for the high-intermediate student, and English for the low-intermediate student

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Sydney
No, I don't recommend this program

Harder than Necessary

This program was a lot harder academically than advisors made it out to be. It was hard to get help from the staff about problems that occurred with teachers. I was also in a homestay that was not located in the city of Paris. We had many problems with specific teachers and how they graded which was tough to deal with. We also dealt with a lot of administrative tasks that students should not have been dealing with. I learned a lot, but the academic side made it very tough to enjoy the culture side.

Lower the academic standard as well as the grading scale because it is too harsh for an abroad program.
Andrew

A Life-Changing First Experience in Paris, France

This a retelling of what's in my fellow CPEC (as it was known then) student's intro chapter to his personal memoir and history of the circus called The Ordinary Acrobat (plug!). Our program director told us we had an event coming up--a circus show. Circus? With elephants? No, no. Nouveau Cirque. We saw Et après on verra bien, loosely translated "And after, you'll really see", incorporating acrobatics, a guy singing Simon and Garfunkel in a French accent, a guy yelling "Ça va!!!" et us responding and a guy falling with a chair on a trampoline, saying in French, "the more you guy up, the more you'll come down." It inspired me to continue nurturing my passion for the arts in French and my friend to write a book and have a career in circus and all of us to want to learn French better.

More communication with staff throughout semester related to workload and health issues.

Alumni Interviews

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...