CISabroad - Semester in Aix-en-Provence

With a mild Mediterranean climate, striking scenery, historic sites, and incredible restaurants, it’s easy to fall in love with Aix-en-Provence, or “Aix,” as the locals call it. During Semester in Aix-en-Provence, you can improve your French (or just begin learning the language) as you wind your way around this charming, chic city. A true “college town,” you’ll meet other students from all over the world, and together you can explore the nearby seaside villages, beaches, and exquisite sites. Additionally, you can join numerous service-learning opportunities to get involved both on campus and in your local community. What better way to truly immerse yourself in your new home?

Emma

Study/Intern in Aix-en-Provence, France

I loved this program! The internship coordinator at my school in Aix was so helpful and made sure I was placed in a good environment that would help me grow. My host family was awesome and I learned so much from that experience. I made friends for life--American, French, and more! My life has been impacted for the better and I have grown immeasurably as a person. It was truly an unforgettable semester.

Some of the directions for applying for my student VISA were a little confusing. It just needs a little revision and it would be perfect.
Chris

Laissez Tomber Vos Inhibitions

This program will provide you every opportunity to take what you want from France. If your goal is to simply find a place to study so that you can travel Europe at your leisure on the weekend, you can do just that. If your goal is to obtain certain credit hours but to do so in a beautiful setting far different from the States, you can do just that. And if your goal is to better your French, you can do just that by fully immersing yourself in the experience of a home-stay and the night life of Aix. However, IAU has a very French way (and preferable in my mind) of facilitating this process. They will provide you all the elements and materials you need to make the leap of immersing yourself but it is up to you to make that leap.

My experience was enjoyable for any number of reasons: I made French friends quickly at the bars, my home-stay was by far one of the best cooks I've ever met, I traveled rarely so I felt like a part of Aix culture as opposed to a tourist of Europe. Additionally, the wine tasting courses are superb and unique to anything that other programs would have to offer. I would fully recommend this to anyone who is willing to put forth the effort to buckling down and learning the language. The rewards are immense.

The communication between the staff responsible for creating events and the students was sometimes lax. Honestly, this was my only complaint as I felt everything else was handled beautifully.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...