The Université de Strasbourg is the second-largest university in France with more than 46,000 students and 4,000 researchers. You’ll study primarily in the Université de Strasbourg L'Institut International d'Etudes Françaises (IIEF) and Institut des Études Politiques (IEP). BCA has two separate academic tracks available for intermediate and advanced French students. Intermediate language students study at IIEF and take language and elective courses. Advanced language students can take classes in regular university courses with French students. All BCA students will participate in the Integrative Cultural Project, a structured experiential project that explores global issues and local responses.
While abroad, you can choose to become a language buddy with a Université de Strasbourg student, so you can polish your French and help other students with their English. You can connect with local students through the more than 75 clubs available at the university.
- Challenge yourself to strengthen your French language skills by enrolling at a university in northeastern France with a smaller number of study abroad students than you will find in larger cities.
- Partake in the excitement of a bustling international city without losing the charm of a medieval town! Strasbourg is a great place for language learning because you’re unlikely to hear English spoken.
- Stay with a host family and experience true cultural immersion.
- See France through multiple excursions with the resident director and fellow students, including a four-day trip to Paris.
- Live and study at the crossroads of Europe. Strasbourg is home to the European Parliament and is conveniently located near Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium.