CIEE Summer in Paris

Summer in Paris

From the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower, Paris has so much to offer - and you can experience it yourself this summer through our open campus program. Explore a wealth of fascinating courses complemented by field trips and excursions in and around the City of Lights!

• Enjoy personalized instruction through small, stimulating classes tailored to your interests. And go mobile! Stay in Paris for the duration of your study abroad or add on sessions at other CIEE Global Institutes in Berlin, Cape Town, London, Madrid, and R
  • Improve your knowledge of French culture and explore topics addressing Europe and the world as a whole.
  • SEE ALL OF FRANCE’S MOST FAMOUS SIGHTS like the Arc de Triomphe, the Palace de Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, and more!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Leslie

Best Summer Ever

Honestly, this was one of the best things that I have ever done in my life. Studying abroad is a fun experience, and it is something that we should all do. Paris is full of wonderful things, so you will never run out of things to do. The classes are long enough to learn from them, but short enough for you to have free time and explore Paris. You are always safe, but you are also given personal space to do what you want. The home stay is also amazing. We are provided with amazing households with wonderful families. Food is also not a problem. Lunch is provided and dinner is given by your family. However, if you would like to buy a snack during the day or when out, you should have your own money. Be careful with your money. It may seem like you have much, but it can spend away like that.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Me and my roomate ere terrified meeting out host family. But we breathed and tried to relax, and everything turned out to be perfect.
Emma

A Summer of Fun

CIEE's Summer Open Campus in Paris made my summer the best one yet! The staff is so helpful and caring; any time you have an issue, they are more than willing to help you. Furthermore, they planned optional "extracurricular" activities that helped the students discover new parts of Paris that might not be known to tourists. The program also plans a day trip and an overnight trip each session to locations 1-3 hours around Paris. These were places that I would've wanted to travel to on my own (i.e. Normandy, Loire Valley, Chateaus, and Giverny), but the program transported us there and paid for meals and lodging. The staff was always willing to help answer any questions about Paris/Europe, such as where I should go for the best escargot or how I could book cheap tickets to travel to another city. The program had two days off which allowed for time to travel to other locations in Europe. The classes were extremely interesting! I learned a lot, but the workload was not at all overwhelming. The other students were amazing. Since we were studying abroad, we all seemed to be adventurous people who were looking to have a fun time exploring Paris. I have made the most amazing friends and memories that I will absolutely never forget. My summer with CIEE was priceless!

My only suggestion for the program would be to give the students more ideas or ways to connect with the locals.