IES Abroad Berlin – Security Studies & International Affairs

Berlin Wall
Berlin Wall
Study abroad in Berlin with IES Abroad

The city of Berlin has a fascinating geo-political history: its destruction in World War II, its hostile division in the Cold War, the fall of the Wall, the reunification of Germany, and the growth of Germany as a major cultural, economic, and political force in the 21st Century. This history and its present importance make Berlin the ideal place to study International Relations, Security Studies, Sociology, Business, and Economics, as well as Culture, Film, Art, and German Language.

Courses in this program take advantage of Berlin’s position as Germany’s capital and Germany’s position as a leading state in the European Union. The English-taught courses compare and contrast the pros and cons of the European Union’s open borders, of strategies to combat terrorism, and of the challenges and benefits that migration brings.

IES Abroad Scholarships
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.

$500 - $5,000

Darren

IES Abroad Berlin

I studied abroad in Berlin, Germany the Spring Semester of 2017. I had an amazing time. IES Abroad really did a great job of integrating me into the city. We learned about the culture of the city through a comprehensive orientation. The program introduced us to Berlin locals, further integrating us into the city. As a student I got to partake in European Union panels, an experience I would have otherwise not had without IES. The classes weren't that difficult, but furthered our appreciation of the city with many field trips. It was very involved.