IES Abroad Berlin Summer – Metropolitan & Urban Studies

Group of female students eating in Berlin
Group of female students eating in Berlin
Sunset over the Reichstag in Berlin

This English-taught program explores topics in Urban Studies, Architecture, and Environmental Studies in Berlin, a city that has both rebuilt and redesigned itself over the past century. Courses integrate field study to provide a first-hand look at Berlin’s architectural innovations, methods for integrating sustainable design, and various historical and political movements. Field study trips to important sites within Germany round out the program.

IES Abroad Scholarships
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.

$500 - $5,000

nikita

Best decision of my undergrad career

I attended community college for 4 years part time before finally transferring to the University of Pittsburgh for my junior year. Since I only had 2 years left at my new school, I wanted to make the best of it and take advantage of every opportunity that presented itself. I chose IES Abroad Berlin because I wanted to practice my German and learn more about German architecture. I learned so much through hands-on activities, field trips, and the wonderful professors who seemed to love what they taught. There were many  opportunities to travel on weekends or just hangout in Berlin and learn more about its history through museums and memorials. For anyone looking to study abroad in Germany, I highly suggest IES Abroad Berlin. There is so much to learn about in that beautiful city and it seemed that even with 8 weeks of classes, I didn't even skim the surface.

No classes on Friday afternoon/evening.