Building on centuries of use of fine fabrics and spectacular colors, the Indian Fashion, Textile and Apparel industry is constantly growing and is becoming known for creativity, innovation and new product engineering. Over the past decade the garment industry in Tamil Nadu has experienced major growth and is largely export oriented. Thousands of small and medium-sized factories are involved in the complex process of turning cotton into clothing now often for major European and US clothing brands and retailers.
This 4-week program, hosted by the respected Bannari Amman Institute of Technology in Sathyamangalam, Tamil Nadu, includes industrial and cultural visits, and seminars and will provide knowledge about current trends in fashion and textile technology, manufacturing, design and lifestyles.
- Add a fresh Indian flair to your future fashion brand
- Understand “off-shore” and “large scale” manufacturing processes and opportunities
- Experience the blending of centuries of culture and tradition with contemporary and innovative design
- Observe textile and manufacturing innovations
- Gain awesome experiences and great friendships