CIEE Arts + Sciences in Dublin, Ireland

CIEE Arts + Sciences in Dublin, Ireland

Home to Shaw, Swift, Joyce, Lewis and Yates – what better place to write your own story of discovery than Ireland?

In the vibrant European capital of Dublin, you’ll explore the breadth and depth of Irish culture while enhancing your academic studies through integrated study at Dublin City University. Through coursework, internship opportunities, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions CIEE study abroad in Dublin offers you an immersive and unforgettable international experience.

In Dublin you will:

- Choose from a wide range of courses from business, international relations, communications, service-learning, and a for-credit internship

- Study on a high-tech campus in Dublin with easy access to the center of town

- Interact with local and international students in a shared on-campus apartment; volunteer and join student societies and clubs

Europe » Ireland » Dublin
Service Learning
Letters of Recommendation
The program fee includes:

- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits

CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.

Kathleen
Dublin City University

Dublin - CIEE

I studied abroad during the Spring of 2017. The academic system at first was a bit challenging due to the difference in scheduling, grading, and evaluations. As the semester went on, it became easier to understand and adapt to. I personally enjoyed most of the classes I took, as I tried to make them pertain towards my minors. Half of my classes were located on the St. Patrick’s Campus, so it was about a fifteen-minute bus ride there and back. The bus stops are located on each campus, so it was not an inconvenience. I do highly recommend studying throughout the semester, even if the final seems far away. You will not regret it when the time comes. I promise.
Traveling was super convenient and accessible while in Ireland. That said, I would highly recommend for the first month or so to explore all that Ireland has to offer before venturing around Europe. I can safely say Ireland was my favorite place I explored out of all of my travels. Odds are many of the things you see and do will come up in your classes, especially CIEE led ones, and having witnessed them will make it easier to visualize and comprehend what you are learning about. When you do travel and return, it makes Dublin seem like you’re returning home to a familiar place. The CIEE coordinators are great resources for ideas and suggestions of where to go and what to do while there. It’s a good idea to become familiar with them, so if a situation where you may need advice or assistance comes up they can readily help you. Plus, they’re pretty cool people to know in general.
Many of the best memories stem from the little moments and places you will stumble upon. My advice would be to stay flexible. It’s great if you have an idea of where you want to go and what you want to see, but if you try to jam fifteen monuments into one day it can become exhausting and take away from the experience.
Another tip I have is if you are traveling to a non-English speaking country, or even a country where English may not be the first language but they’re known to speak it, find a list of common phrases and words in that country’s language and keep it handy. Even if you aren’t confident about what you are saying, most people appreciate the effort you are making to be a part of their culture. It’s okay if you butcher it, just make an effort.
Other than that, I suppose my only other advise would be that Dublin is beautiful, take time to explore what it has to offer. You don’t want to come to the end of the trip and realize you know far less about the place you’ve been living in for the last few months or don’t know how to navigate. Even if you mainly travel around with a friend or group of people, try to be the navigator every once in a while. In case anything were to happen, you would know how to safely get back and it will make you more confident in your future travels.

Roselyn
Baltimore, Maryland

Dublin Days

This experience was life changing and a journey. The trip occurred at a pivotal point in my life and left a deep impression on me. The staff and support group of CIEE in Dublin was amazing. Martin and Aoife worked so hard to make us feel welcome, safe, and comfortable. We went on many excursions into the city and country to explore museums, parks, and countryside sights. They made sure our courses would not overwhelm us and they constantly checked up on us so we would not slip through the cracks. The Irish countryside will made me fall in love with it and all the coasts had so much character on every side of the island we explored. The experience gave me renewed awe of God's creation and I was so blessed to have the opportunity to go.

Savannah
Columbia College Chicago

Dublin

I had no idea what to expect upon my arrival at Dublin, but thankfully CIEE took care of all the problems that I could have encountered being a foreigner in a strange city. Not only did we get to go on guided trips throughout the program to places like Belfast in Northern Ireland and Galway, we were also taught the rich history of each place we visited. Dublin is a great city and a wonderful place to have your first travels as it is a very western friendly city with the same accommodations you would be used to back in the states. However it also has it's very own distinct culture rich with interesting and diverse people and is also a place you'll never feel like an intruder as the Irish are very welcoming. CIEE made sure I was prepared before my trip as well has taught us many lessons on how to deal with culture shock which happens upon your arrival to Ireland as well as your departure to America. Definitely recommend this program!

More say on what aspects of Irish history we could chose to learn about.

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world