CIS Abroad - Semester in Dublin - Dublin City University

Country Antrim Excursion
Country Antrim Excursion
St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day
Favorite man proposing in my favorite place...
Favorite man proposing in my favorite place...
We ran to the top of this mountain so we could get the view for sunset. No regrets- absolutely a MUST in Europe.
embracing every last bit of every hike...
embracing every last bit of every hike...

Our Semester in Dublin program delivers the highest quality academic experience in one of Europe’s most exciting cities. Your host institution, Dublin City University, is modeled on the U.S. university system. You’ll have fantastic on-campus facilities and diverse course offerings to meet your requirements. After class, walk the cobblestone streets of Dublin, dine in lovely cafés, and pop into a pub for traditional Irish music. When you study abroad in Dublin, you’ll meet friendly local students and fall in love with Irish history, tradition, and the subtle sophistication of this incredible city.

• One of Ireland's youngest and most progressive universities
  • Take advantage of Dublin's many festivals, gigs, and concerts
  • Study opportunities with both Irish and international students
  • Numerous social events, activities, and cultural excursions throughout the program
  • Beautiful campus with great on-site facilities

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Hailey

Best Semester Ever

I spent this last semester in Dublin with the CISabroad program and I loved every minute of it. The CIS staff was amazing through the process and so ready to answer any and all of my questions. And our on-site program director was absolutely amazing! He was always there to check in on us and if we had any questions he was one phone call away at all times. He also knew so much about Dublin, and Ireland in general. He was like our Irish dad, always watching out for us. The university that I attended was also really nice, they had a large number of international students and a lot of events and clubs tailored towards all of us. I got to meet people from so many other countries through their events. The university also had a variety of classes available for me to take, and it was cool because I was in classes with other Irish students. For a couple classes, I was the only international student there. So I was really able to learn from those Irish students, and see what their courses are like, how their schedules work, and how their programs are set up. The best part of my time in Ireland was definitely the friendships I made with my other CISabroad program-mates. There weren't many of us, but we all became so close. I still talk to many of them everyday and I miss them all so much. I would highly recommend this program, or any CISabroad program, to anyone wanting to study abroad. You will be well prepared to go, well taken care of while there, and you will be with some of the greatest people you will ever meet!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
In Ireland, lamb is a very popular meat and I did not know this. So at a little pub restaurant I ordered stew, because it is also one of their most popular dishes. It was super good and I was very happy with my choice. But one of my friends there kept looking at me funny while I ate, and I could not figure out why. Turns out I was eating lamb and sheep are his favorite animal! It was good stew, but I'm still a little creeped out that it was lamb.
Courtney

My Time in Dublin

Dublin is such an amazing city. It's very multi-cultural, so you'll run into and get to know people from all over the world. I met people from South Africa, Brazil, fellow Americans, and people from all across Europe. Everyone in Ireland is extremely welcoming and friendly. They love to hear all about you and tell you all about themselves. They're truly fascinating people. CisAbroad did an amazing job at making sure that the students would be helped in making sure that we had everything we needed to do or have before we left, when we were there, and even helped us to re-acclimate ourselves to being home. CisAbroad has on-site advisors in each of the countries it has programs in, which is very helpful in case you have questions about certain things or need a guide for figuring out the city. The program also provides cultural excursion trips which let us visit different places in Ireland with the safety of a group and guide. Our on-site advisor in Ireland was great and such a friendly guy. My time in Ireland was the most memorable time of my life thanks to the help of CisAbroad.

Colleen

Overall great time

I loved my experience in Dublin, I though both in my advisors were very helpful. John and Lisa both kept in touch with us through out our experience and were kind and fun when they brought us in the excursions and anything else we did with them. I also really enjoyed the campus of DCU me and the friend I meet enjoyed going to the campus bar and other cafes on campus after classes. It was also convenient because our houses was so close to canous. Lastly I loved the overall experience of being aboard I was lucky enough to meet great people and do some traveling.

I would have had the advisor meet with us the first full day we arrived instead if the second.
Taylor

CISabroad Ireland 2017

Going to Ireland was a life changing experience for me. While I had been abroad before, I’d never been in a foreign country for that long, and I’d never done it alone. Being in Dublin and knowing no one really helped me grow as a person. It challenged me to go out and meet new people and it got me out of my comfort zone. CIS helped me see the country and was hands on, as well as giving us our space to travel without them. Since being back I’ve told as many college and high school students as I possibly could, to study abroad. I had such a good experience and I want others to experience it as well. I’ve advertised for CIS, as well as being asked to be an advisor for them on my college campus. I didn’t have to know a foreign language to go to Ireland which was helpful, but even so I had to do my research. We were confused by the bus system, so ahead of time we looked into it so we wouldn’t get lost around the city. Ireland also felt very safe and we had no problems walking around at night. The thing that was weird to get used to was the time change, and when I’d call home and realize I was calling them at 2am.

While the advising was good, it sometimes felt like there was a disconnect between our American advisors and our Irish advisors
Meghann

2 Semesters in Dublin

While I was in Dublin, the experiences and people I met were fantastic! I love the excursions and meeting local students in the classes I took. The communication between Zufan and all of us was absolutely unacceptable, however. She wouldn't respond to any emails with important questions about how registering with the country's embassy worked.. Which was incredibly important, but not to her. She was a huge stress causer because of her lack of effort for this program's students. After the first semester of drama, about a third of the way into my second semester there was a different point of contact assigned to the Ireland students. She was amazing! Actually responded to questions and if she didn't know the answer right away, she would always respond saying she'd get the answer and get back to me. What a difference that made in my experience for the remaining time I spent there.

I would always recommend going abroad because it really is an eye-opener to the rest of the world. I would simply recommend better communication of what the students should be prepared for once they are abroad. For example, getting a clear understanding from the country about what is required to live there legally. It would be helpful to only hire people/assign people to be the point of contact for countries they are familiar with or are passionate towards. Zufan was a terrible advisor and wasn't there for any of us study abroad students.
Sarah

best decision!!

CISabroad is the best decision for Dublin! I compared all other programs offered by my school and this was the least expensive by far. However you aren’t missing out on anything. My friend who did API in Dublin paid significantly more than I did and did not get any excursions. We had 3 excursions built into the semester that are apart of the initial cost. The staff is extremely helpful. They organize everything for you and tell you everything you need to do and when. They answer any questions you have as well. On site staff was great as well. Housing was eh, but i wasn’t expecting much either. But you really can’t go wrong with Dublin! Amazing city, friendly people, safe environment.

Christina

Amazingly unforgettable

Ireland was a country I'd always wanted to visit and this program gave me a chance to not only live there for a semester, but also provided four trips to the four corners of Ireland with our on-location contact, where we were able to meet other study abroad students at the University of Limerick, and also were able to visit incredible places that many of us might not have known about otherwise. The university was interesting and fun, although the layout
of the buildings took some getting used to. Dublin itself was an amazing place to learn and explore, and this program was good at giving us an introduction that worked as a starting point to prepare for our own adventures. Staff at CISabroad was also very good about touching base with us in case of potential emergencies and was easily available to help with ensuring we had everything we needed up through the day we returned home.

Meghan

Studying Abroad in Ireland is For You!!!

I cannot begin to explain how amazing my 4 month experience was in Dublin, Ireland. Lets just say that I couldn't get enough because I now go back 2-3 times a year to visit my incredible and loving host family in Raheny, Dublin.

The CIS staff is just amazing in helping students and making you feel safe and at home before, during and after you travels to Ireland. John, the on-site director is there to help whenever needed and can give you advice on anything in the country.

Dublin City University is a very modern college, with plenty opportunities for study, and fun! I can't rave enough about how beautiful the country is, and how friendly the locals are. I am forever grateful to CISabroad for giving me the experience of a lifetime in my favorite country ever!

This program could get more recognition, Dublin and Ireland are underrated compared to the other programs CIS offers. And it is amazing!
Emily

DO IT!

My semester abroad was fantastic.

Dublin City University was a great college and had amazing opportunities for athletics, arts, and any other miscellaneous things you may do. The housing was better than the housing at my college. They have a gated in community so I always felt safe.

I enjoyed hiking the Wicklow Mountains with my friends and seeing all the amazing sites. My parents visited one week as well as my fiance, and as you can see in my photos, he proposed on the mountains. :)

My classes were nothing too hard. I took communications classes at this college but I know the science classes were a bit harder.

My biggest piece of advice would be to get out of the American group and make other friends- it is awesome to be friends with the Americans you are with but you should definitely try ti immerse yourself int he culture as much as you can. That is were a lot of people get stuck.

If you're on the edge of deciding, I say go for it. It is an adventure of a lifetime and you will never regret it.

On site AND off site directors be more connected with the group.
Excursions could be improved (better hostels)
Hannah

The Best Decision of My Life!

Studying in Ireland was the perfect amount of balance between school and being able to actually explore the beautiful country!

The professors are very understanding of cultural differences and are more than willing to accommodate you in any way possible.
The food in Ireland is to die for! Beef and Guinness Stew is by far my favorite meal on this planet now! They really know how to make a yummy meal.

Irish people are the most kinda and genuine people ever. They LOVE Americans and will stop at nothing to help you get to where you are wanting to go. I met so many locals and would go out with them often.

This program gave me so many opportunities to learn about the Irish Culture and took us on trips with locals to get the full experience. I was extremely prepared through CIS and was never nervous about any plans. I wish I was still in Ireland!

Cherish every single second you have while studying abroad. It goes by so fast. As soon as you know it, it'll be over and you will be wishing you were back in the country you studied in.

Location:
57 F / 37 F
Airports:
Dublin
( DUB )

Dublin is the capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the largest city in the country teeming with pubs, castles, museums and Irish step dancing.

About CIS Abroad

At CIS Abroad, we're committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities for every student! CIS Abroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or...