• Ireland
Term
Law

Program Details

Pricing

The program fee includes tuition, housing, a weekend/overnight excursion to Belfast and Londonderry/Derry, My Global Education and student events, insurance, and CAPA services and support including a 24-hour emergency phone line.
Mar 22, 2017
May 06, 2018
0 travelers are looking at this program

In 1948, the UN issued a deceleration that there are some rights inherent for all people regardless of religion, politics, national and cultural borders. Many countries have extended their own universal rights to include gender, sexual orientation, and more. This seminar examines the history, development and structure of human rights internationally and what is done to protect them. You will study cases of human rights violations to make judgements on the effectiveness and impact of human rights law, and debate these issues.

This program is currently not being promoted on Go Overseas by its provider. Check with CAPA: The Global Education Network for the most up-to-date information regarding the status of this program.

CAPA Scholarships

CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, CAPA awards $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants, and affiliate benefits! With CAPA you can participate in a study abroad and/or global internship program in Barcelona, Dublin, Florence, London, Paris, Prague, and Sydney.

$300 - $1,000

Lucy

From the Emerald City to the Green Island

I studied abroad in Dublin during the Fall semester of 2017. Due to my introverted nature, I was cautious about studying abroad. CAPA reassured me that I made the right decision to go abroad. Studying in a foreign country pushed me outside of my comfort zone, but in a good way. CAPA also had an onsite office in Dublin and they were so helpful, I went to them when I had a mix up with my class schedule or wanted to see a friendly face. I took classes at Griffith College with Irish and international students. The courses that I took were challenging, but not as hard as the ones at my college back home, Seattle University. Besides being introduced to Dubliners and other Irish locals, I had the opportunity to meet other study abroad students from different parts of the United States. Dublin was a perfect size, not too small that it seems boring and not too large to get lost in. Dublin is filled with lots of history but is still a great city for young generations.

I wished that I could've received my pre-departure information packet and other documents that I needed to sign earlier than a month before I was set to leave. It also took several months for CAPA to send my grades from the semester abroad, but I'm not sure how much control they had over that.
Thomas

Great Time In Dublin

Hi, So my time in Dublin was fantastic with CAPA. They planned great expeditions and we also were located extremely close to the city. The Internship they found me led was fantastic, and I am going to intern with the same company in my home country. The people I met were great. I dormed with a German, a Columbian and had some Spanish friends down the hall. We are all great friends and stay in contact. I love this city and would love to live there one day. The city is expensive though. It is comparable to New York in regard to housing pricing and food.