During the BCA summer program at Maynooth University you will take classes with Irish and International students which will provide you with a unique perspective from both local and international students. You’ll select two courses to take this summer from a variety of subject areas. Each class includes at least one field trip giving you the opportunity to venture beyond the classroom and visit sites relevant to your course material.
Maynooth University is regularly identified as Ireland’s friendliest campus in national and international polls. Throughout the summer, the university runs weekly activities such as archery, ultimate Frisbee, trampolining and trivia night giving you the chance to connect with local and international students. You can also step out of your comfort zone and participate in traditional Irish activities such as Gaelic football and Ceili, a traditional Irish dance. As a university town, Maynooth is known for its warm, welcoming and friendly nature.
- Our summer program in Ireland is perfect if you’re unable fit studying abroad into your academic year but still want to experience studying abroad in Europe! Spend a month taking courses and connecting to Irish culture.
- Break free of the traditional, touristy study abroad locations by living in Maynooth, Ireland, a quaint Irish community known as the only college town in Ireland. Take independent trips to Dublin which is only a short train or bus ride away.
- Fulfill requirements toward your degree when you enroll in two Maynooth University courses from a variety of subject areas.
- Travel to Northern Ireland and visit the UNESCO World Heritage, Giants Causeway. Enjoy the beauty of this timeless site on the northern most coast of Ireland.
- Take a day trip to Glendalough and Dun Laoghaire. Nestled in the Wicklow mountains, an area of outstanding natural beauty, Glendalough offers a window into Ireland’s past. Enjoy some time in the charming resort and seaside town of Dun Laoghaire.