IES Abroad Dublin Direct Enrollment - Gaiety School of Acting

Become part of the thriving theatre scene in Dublin when you directly enrolling at the National Theatre School of Ireland (Gaiety School of Acting) with IES Abroad. By attending NTSI (GSA), you are in good acting company: famous faces of the school include patron Liam Neeson and alumni Colin Farrell, Stuart Townsend, Olivia Wilde, Aidan Turner, and Brenda Fricker.

Designed for theatre students seeking an intensive, practical approach to performance, this is an immersive, conservatory-style acting program. At the National Theatre School of Ireland (Gaiety School of Acting), you participate in courses with other Irish and international students.

A core value espoused by NTSI (GSA) is ensemble. If you are ready for the challenge of adapting to an entirely new academic culture that requires significant independent work, this study abroad acting program is for you.

IES Abroad Scholarships
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.

$500 - $5,000

Frances

Dublin, IES

I attended the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin through IES. Best semester I have had yet! I learned so much in such a short amount of time. Studying abroad was such a great experience. IES was so helpful and supportive throughout the entire ordeal. Staff members of IES and GSA were fantastic. IES was fantastic in encouraging us to experience the beauty of Ireland and experiencing the culture with field trips and such. I recommend taking the field trips, even if they are out of your comfort zone.
Dublin has such a rich history that is evident throughout the entire city. Highly recommend traveling to, especially for the theatre! I saw some of the best shows I have had the privilege of seeing in Dublin. IES is there to help you explore the beautiful world around you, with their financial aid, contests and tips and tricks, they make it as affordable as they can, it may not be as out of budget as you may think. Give them a chance, check it out and if you can, go explore this beautiful world!

Jacqueline

Review for GSA

My semester studying at Gaiety School of Acting was absolutely amazing! Gaiety School of Acting has a wide variety of courses from stage combat to Irish theatre text and everything in between.The tutors are phenomenal. I learned so much during my time abroad. I miss it there so much! It was a great experience.

A Quick Message from the Go Overseas Team:
Hi there, prospective travelers! This IES Abroad review for "Dublin Direct Enrollment - National Theatre School of Ireland-Gaiety School of Acting" was submitted well before we increased our character limit for reviews. Just wanted to let you all know that we're looking forward to offering you even more reviewer content to help you make the most informed decisions about your next adventure.

My housing was a little far away from my school in comparison to other student's housing within my program. I would have liked living a little closer. Other then that, I wouldn't change of thing about the experience.
RichVenezia

IES Abroad Dublin - The Best Decision I Ever Made

Get ready for a hard and extremely rewarding semester - you are going to embark on what will undoubtedly be the best 3 months of your life so far. Enjoy every minute - don't sleep in too much, do everything you can, travel often, and immerse yourself in everything Irish. The best candidates for this program are aspiring actors or creative types, and all those who have a penchant for acting/theatre. The teaching methods at an acting school in Ireland are a bit different than in the US, so it took some getting used to. The workload was hard - long days, lots of take-home assignments, but lots of payoff, too. This was the best semester of my life, and I wouldn't change the late nights or the hard work for the world. Just know that you will be taking a varied amount of classes, and each class will require quite a bit of work. Not for slackers! The IES portion of the term was also brilliant - great teacher, interesting topics, and lots of theatre visits - what's there not to love? The entire IES staff are a bunch of ROCK STARS. They are on top of everything, there when you need them 24-7, fixing issues the second they are brought up, and always approachable and wanting to help make your experience the best eve