Old and new, traditional and ultra-modern: Japan is a country of amazing and exciting contrasts. Tokyo, the economic, technical, and political hub of the country, is one of the world’s most vibrant and fascinating capitals—and a fashionista's and gastronome's delight! With homestay options, cultural activities, and exceptional cross-cultural and language training, you can pursue your academic interests while immersing yourself in a challenging, enriching international experience.
Study abroad in Japan and you will:
- Study Japanese in language classes at all levels and choose from a wide range of other courses taught in English with both Japanese and international students
- Live with a Japanese family, or in a dorm with young professionals, Japanese and international students
- Participate in a contemporary and traditional cultural activity program, including regional site visits, historical tours, hands-on workshops, and a weekend excursion to Hiroshima
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.
Questions & Answers