IES Abroad Nagoya Summer - Language & Culture

IES Abroad Nagoya Summer - Language & Culture

By IES Abroad Reviewer Verified Badge   Reviews (1)   90% Rating

Immerse yourself in Japanese culture by spending a semester studying abroad in Nagoya!

When you study abroad in Nagoya, you will learn about Japanese culture, politics, and arts. Interested in learning about hanga (woodblock printing) or ikebana (traditional flower arranging)? Our program offers you the chance to learn about Japanese culture with hands-on classes. Your learning isn’t just limited to in the classroom—participate in course-related excursions around the city and to the historic city of Kyoto. Practice your language skills when you chat with new friends, order sashimi at a local restaurant, or ask for directions to the nearest subway station.

All this—and more—awaits you in the vibrant city of Nagoya!

Asia » Japan

Thomas
Gainesville
University of Florida

My time in Nagoya

I got the opportunity to study overseas in Japan, thanks to IES Abroad and I can say that it was a wonderful experience. The immersion and activities that this program provide were amazing. Everything from spending a weekend in Kyoto, to watching the incredible TAO drums which took my breath away and more. One of my favorite things that I got to do was making souvenirs, I loving things and this program gave me the opportunity to make a furoshiki (something like a traditional japanese handkerchief) and my own chopsticks with a little carrying case. There was the added benefit that I knew that even though I was overseas and away from my friends and family, that I had a group of fellow IES students who were there to help me out and join me on my adventures. The program coordinators were informative and ready to answer questions and were some addition peace of mind while overseas. All in all, I had a great time with this program and would recommend.

IES Abroad offers 120+ programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student should have the opportunity to