Become immersed in a new world with the Semester in Japan program. In a city whose population is 10% college students, Kyoto is considered to be Japan's cultural capital. With a wide course selection, further your studies while feeding your curiosities: take a stroll down the Path of Philosophy, experience the buzzing energy pulsing through Downtown Kyoto, or get lost in the mountain-top temples of the Southeast. Through one or two 14-week semesters you can hope to gain a global perspective in the "City of Ten Thousand Shrines".
- Live in a young, active city where 10% of the population are college students
- Explore new and old traditions in the "cultural capital" of Japan
- Learn Japanese, one of the worlds most important languages, in an immersive setting
- Some of the most delicious food in the world
- Easy access to cities like Osaka, Kobe, and Nara
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.