CIEE Middle East Studies in Amman, Jordan

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Come to Amman and immerse yourself in Middle Eastern history, culture, politics, language study, and university life at CIEE’s partner school, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), as well as at CIEE Amman. Select coursework across of range of academic areas, in English, along with Arabic language classes matched to your skill level. Meet individuals key to the social fabric of Jordanian society, including diplomats, government officials, members of the growing private sector, Jordanian students, and families. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• ELECT TO DO AN INTERNSHIP at a local or international NGO or business
  • VISIT IMPORTANT ARCHAEOLOGICAL and natural sites in Jordan, such as Petra, Wadi Rum, the Dead Sea, and a number of historical biblical sites
  • INTERACT WITH LOCAL UNIVERSITY STUDENTS and improve your Arabic through a peer language assistant program and cultural activities

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Riya

Solid study abroad program

This is your standard study abroad program with classes and excursions. The academics weren't particularly challenging but nonetheless, I took interesting and informative classes. The excursions and cultural activities were all well planned and I enjoyed all of them. The staff was generally helpful and always supportive. I made lifelong friends and lived with a host family that became my home away from home.

I wish the program was in a larger space, as we had 60 students in one small floor of a building.

One area for improvement would be providing students with a transportation stipend. Transportation in Jordan is really expensive, and it was by far my biggest expense.
Jenny

CIEE in Jordan is the G.O.A.T.

I couldn't recommend CIEE in Amman, Jordan enough, especially to students pursuing degrees in Arabic and/or Political Science. I initially chose CIEE over other programs because of the variety of transferrable classes it offers, the freedom of mobility students have within and beyond Jordan's borders, and the program's emphasis on organizing cultural experiences to better immerse students in the local lifestyle. The program itself not only met my expectations in all of these areas, but the staff and faculty also went above and beyond in their support, administration, and provision of engaging activities offered to students, which was a pleasant surprise. The Arabic professors are the best I've ever had in my three years of studying Arabic, and the relationships I have fostered with both the local and CIEE communities are some I'll retain for life. CIEE Amman knows what they're doing--they aim to serve their students well in every capacity to ensure an unforgettable semester full of personal and language growth.

The proximity of CIEE apartments and certain homestays to the CIEE Study Center. Transportaion costs were high and traffic was awful on a daily basis.