This customized academic study abroad program is targeted to Political Science, Security Studies, and International Relations majors who are studying Russian as a foreign language.
The program includes intensive Russian language study at different target proficiency levels, as well as elective courses in Political Science. In Political Science, the language of instruction varies from English/Russian mix up to Russian-only, depending on the students’ preferences and abilities.
Undergraduate students can enroll for one semester or two consecutive semesters of study.
Daugavpils University will award up to 30 European Credit Transfer (ECTS) credits, the equivalent of 15 US university credits, per semester.
Citizens of the United States, Canada, European Union, and many other countries can enter Latvia without a visa.
Two study modules – A. Russian as a Foreign Language and B. Political Science.
- Diverse elective course options in political science, history, culture, area studies, and etc.
- Accommodation with Russian-speaking host families.
- Native Russian-speaking student communication partners.
- Excursions, field trips, cultural and athletic activities.
- Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, a local mobile phone and a full orientation.