Workshop for Conservation and Documentation of Roman Pottery and Glass will be hosted for a 10th year by the National Institution Stobi, Macedonia at the Roman city of Stobi (today an archaeological park). It provides an unique opportunity for students and volunteers to gain comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in Roman and Late Roman pottery and glass conservation. It guides the participants through the history and technology of Roman and Late Roman pottery and glass and consequent stages of their study, conservation, restoration and documentation. Both the theoretical and practical courses will be based on ceramic and glass vessels found in the ancient city of Stobi.
- Be able to develop basic/further practical skills (depending on participant's initial level of qualification) in ancient pottery and glass conservation
- Get acquainted with the basic methods of all the required documentation for conservation and restoration of ancient pottery and glass
- Learn about the forms, types and technology of Roman and Late Roman pottery and glassware
- Deepen their knowledge through first-hand experience of Roman and Late Roman History and Archaeology in the region of ancient Macedonia
- Take excursions to significant heritage sites in R. of Macedonia and Greece.