One of Mexico’s main cultural destinations and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Guanajuato is the ideal place to study abroad. The pedestrian-friendly city is easy to navigate and welcoming to visitors. Take intensive Spanish language, history and culture courses at the Universidad de Guanajuato, whose academic tradition and quality rival any destination in Spain or Latin America. And with a lower cost of living, studying in Guanajuato means a greater return on your investment while you develop invaluable language skills.
Complement your coursework while living and learning with other international students at Casa CONOCE or be fully immersed with a local host family. Regardless, all accommodations are centrally located, putting you within walking distance to the city's many historic landmarks.
Join us and get to know Guanajuato!
- Make your world bigger, get to know Mexican culture and learn the second most spoken language in the world.
- Live with international peers in Casa CONOCE, the full-service, colonial-era guesthouse in the historic city center for Guanajuato.
- Enjoy the authentic Mexican lifestyle while improving your Spanish fluency living with a local Guanajuato host family.
- Pursue knowledge through direct experience visiting museums and historic landmarks or enjoying world-renown cultural festivals or the great outdoors.
- Explore the rich cultural heritage of Mexico's cradle of independence including the historic cities of Guanajuato, Dolores Hidalgo and San Miguel de Allende.