COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Immerse yourself in the Yucatán Peninsula’s magnificent biodiversity and Latin America’s largest indigenous culture. January in Yucatán is the perfect place to begin your Spanish language proficiency and discover the ancient Mayan culture. Your home base is Mérida - a pretty city filled with brightly colored buildings and clean, tree-lined streets. Its Spanish colonial architecture and world-renowned Mayan landmarks are a draw for visitors from around the world.
Mérida is the capital of the Yucátan state and the largest city on the Yucátan Peninsula with a population just under 900,000 people. It is known for its Mayan ruins, art, and architecture and has the largest intact indigenous population (60%) of any city reflected in its regional foods and music.
- LIVE with a host family, committed to making your stay unforgettable.
- LEARN in a program that combines academics with cultural activities for a dramatic beginning to your Spanish language skills.
- EXPLORE the Gran Museo del Mundo Maya: a new world class museum covering the Yucatán from its geological origins to the present.
- Explore Merida´s magnificent Botanical Garden.
- Explore Chichén Itzá and nearby Cenote Sagrado where humans were sacrificed to the rain god Chaac.
Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!
We know cost is one of the biggest barriers to studying abroad. At CIEE, we dedicate real resources to help break down the cost barriers so every student who wants to study abroad, can do so.