Whether your Arabic is rudimentary or advanced, the CIEE Language and Culture study abroad program in Rabat is designed to help you develop both your language skills as well as your understanding of contemporary Morocco and give you insight into country’s role in the Arab world and its ties to Europe.
These goals are met through coursework and a variety of community engagement and field-based research opportunities. Students with strong French language skills can also take elective courses in French, adding to the overall cultural and linguistic experience.
Study abroad in Rabat and you will:
- Choose an Arabic language course at your level, beginner through advanced
- Participate in elective courses taught in English and French focusing on Moroccan and Arab studies, and the CIEE core course with one week in Fez or Marrakech
- Engage the community through local volunteer opportunities
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.