CIEE Language + Culture in Rabat, Morocco

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Improve your Arabic and French language skills and boost your cultural knowledge while studying in the capital of this Mediterranean country. Your strong interest in Arabic and French languages, as well as Moroccan studies, culture, religion, business, and economics will be expanded with coursework, taught in English, by prestigious faculty from local and international universities at CIEE Rabat. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• Get to know Moroccan culture by sharing tea with your host family and conversation with Moroccan peers.
  • Advance your Arabic language skills, whether you’re beginning or experienced.
  • Explore more of Morocco’s distinctive locations, like Asilah, Casablanca, Fez, Marrakesh, Ourika, Chefchaoune, and Tangers.

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Erin

Great Semester!

I loved my semester in CIEE Rabat's Language and Culture program! The program does a great job in matching students to host families, and between program staff, families, professors, and peers, there is a great support system for students. Field trips to different cities are a great way for students to see a lot of the country. I would definitely recommend CIEE Rabat to students looking for an incredible study abroad experience.

Nina

Semester in Morocco with CIEE

My semester in Morocco was life-changing. In the classroom, with my cultural peer, local friends and my host family, I explored linguistic, religious, socioeconomic and gender dynamics - which ultimately inspired the topic for my undergraduate thesis. My semester was engaging, educational, and fun - CIEE-led trips brought me all over the country, including trips to Meknes, Fes, Marrakech, Tangiers, and Chefchaoen, but they always provided historical context and introduced us to locals so we weren't just tourists but truly immersed in the language and culture of Morocco. CIEE staff was supportive and understanding to the point where my Resident Director's family became my second host family. I am still in touch with them today, nearly 4 years later! My semester with CIEE exposed me to the beautiful diversity of Morocco's landscapes, people, and culture, and every day I pull from lessons and moments from my time abroad.