CIEE Language + Culture in Rabat, Morocco

Every Friday I enjoyed couscous with my host family, an important cultural tradition.
Two of my friends, both of whom I'm still in touch with today, on the top of a sand dune.
Leather tanneries in Fes during one of the CIEE-led excursions.
Study Abroad in Morocco with CIEE
Study Abroad in Morocco with CIEE
Study Abroad Programs Available in Morocco
Study Abroad Programs Available in Morocco
Study in Morocco with CIEE
Study in Morocco with CIEE
CIEE Study Abroad Programs in Morocco
CIEE Study Abroad Programs in Morocco

Whether your Arabic is rudimentary or advanced, the CIEE Language and Culture study abroad program in Rabat is designed to help you develop both your language skills as well as your understanding of contemporary Morocco and give you insight into country’s role in the Arab world and its ties to Europe.

These goals are met through coursework and a variety of community engagement and field-based research opportunities. Students with strong French language skills can also take elective courses in French, adding to the overall cultural and linguistic experience.

Study abroad in Rabat and you will:

- Choose an Arabic language course at your level, beginner through advanced

- Participate in elective courses taught in English and French focusing on Moroccan and Arab studies, and the CIEE core course with one week in Fez or Marrakech

- Engage the community through local volunteer opportunities

Win up to $3,000 for 2020 Study Abroad with CIEE!

Put “study abroad” on your 2020 calendar! Enter the Seize the Season Sweepstakes for a chance to be one of eight lucky students who will share up to $24,000 in study abroad scholarships with CIEE. Choose your prize: $1,500 toward any of 80+ summer study abroad programs or $3,000 toward any of 100+ fall study abroad programs. The sweepstakes ends on April 15, 2020. Enter today!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Erin

Great Semester!

I loved my semester in CIEE Rabat's Language and Culture program! The program does a great job in matching students to host families, and between program staff, families, professors, and peers, there is a great support system for students. Field trips to different cities are a great way for students to see a lot of the country. I would definitely recommend CIEE Rabat to students looking for an incredible study abroad experience.

Nina

Semester in Morocco with CIEE

My semester in Morocco was life-changing. In the classroom, with my cultural peer, local friends and my host family, I explored linguistic, religious, socioeconomic and gender dynamics - which ultimately inspired the topic for my undergraduate thesis. My semester was engaging, educational, and fun - CIEE-led trips brought me all over the country, including trips to Meknes, Fes, Marrakech, Tangiers, and Chefchaoen, but they always provided historical context and introduced us to locals so we weren't just tourists but truly immersed in the language and culture of Morocco. CIEE staff was supportive and understanding to the point where my Resident Director's family became my second host family. I am still in touch with them today, nearly 4 years later! My semester with CIEE exposed me to the beautiful diversity of Morocco's landscapes, people, and culture, and every day I pull from lessons and moments from my time abroad.